Feral Rescue in Foal

Discussion in 'Miniature Horse Pregnancy, Foaling and Mare Stare' started by SullivanPoint, Mar 11, 2018.

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk by donating:

1. May 14, 2018 #41

SullivanPoint

SullivanPoint

SullivanPoint

Cayuse - When our new barn was finished, we moved the ponies in and it stressed mama out significantly. She had a drastic drop in milk supply and Bee-bop got severely dehydrated and had a severe case of colic with impaction. There were lots of late night vet visits over a period of 4 days. My vet just happened to notice some cloudiness (he had a flashlight) in one of her eyes and did several simple vision tests and she failed all of them. Her hearing is perfect! Bee-bop is thriving and happy as a clam. Now that he lives on our property he is friendly and potentially over socialized. ;-) 

* Photo of him this morning with my girls (post body clip) and one from last week. 

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Cayuse likes this.
  2. May 14, 2018 #42

Cayuse

Cayuse

Cayuse

He is handsome, and he doesn't look shy either :)

Sorry to hear about the colic, sounds like it was a LONG four days.  But he looks like he recovered just fine judging by the video of him on the other thread ?.

Interesting about the mare, I wonder how long her vision has been a problem for her.

3. May 14, 2018 #43

Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

Ryan Johnson

He is lovely :)

4. May 16, 2018 #44

chandab

chandab

chandab

If you should choose to breed the mare, or if an oops occurs, you can put a bell on her foal so she can more easily find it.  [Just hang around the foal's neck with a light string (so it can break should it be necessary).]

Ryan Johnson likes this.