fencing for jumping?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPs flat rock acres

Reaction score
where can you buy them. I would like to start working with a couple of my minis or does anyone know how to make them thanks also on training them to do this

All they used at the last AMHR show we went to was PVC plumbing pipes.I'm going to try to find the specs, so Hubby can make them for me!
default_smile.png

if it's just pvc, I make dog agility jumps out of regular ole plumbing parts, it's not hard at all :D

Try looking at jumpsusa.com there will be tons of ideas and you can make them mini sized

I made some jump uprights out of pvc actually drilled holes and bought metal jump cups. Then added a 24" x 5' piece of cheap lattice work in front of one. Also made a "brick" wall out of two pieces of fake brick wall board and joined them with short straps so i could hang them over the pvc pipe for a "wall" looking jump. Put flower boxes under the pvc jumps or tarp for "water" look.

I made our jumps with pvc. The jump cups are just T connectors that I cut in half, they slide up and down the upright pole and there is a pin that I use to keep them in place. Lots of drilling involved but worth it when I have nice adjustable jumps to use! I had good pictures of each of the pieces but my external drive is broken so cant retrieve them. Here is just a picture of them in use (ignore blurry horse LOL). Can get more detailed pics again if any one is interested in how they are built.

DSCF0529.JPG

I just started putting a course together for training and due to limited $$ I had to get a bit creative. I have a hay wall, I raided the firewood pile for large unsplit logs and have used them to support the poles and I'm going to collect a few logs from a neighbour. My poles are a mix of pvc and wood but I must say I prefer my wood ones, they're a bit more solid and I cut a wedge out of the ends so it sits flat and doesn't roll. I only use these on low jumps and keep the pvc for higher ones.

I should be getting a bunch of old wooden pallets to pull apart as well, it's actually been a lot of fun to think outside the box this way and it certainly gets the horses thinking!

Maple Hollow Farms it would be awesome if you could post more in depth photos- directions. When you get your computer working again. Thanks!

Wings& Sandee, those are great ideas too!

I have to point out that is is very dangerous to have a ground pole on the landing side of the jump. Doesn't matter if it is an actual ground pole or a supporting part of the jump, bottom line is it is a rounded raised object for the horse to land on. Yes, he should clear it in the course of his jump but if he jumps wrong he could land on it and do serious injury to himself.

Back