Favorite Footwear?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I do have a shoe fettish of sorts, though it would NEVER fly on a show like Sex in the Cities. It's no where near cool enough...

I love Ariat boots. If I'm not at the office (or even if I am and not expecting clients), that is what is on my feet. I have lots of Ariat boots and clogs / mules. My favorites are the Colbalt Devon zip up paddocks.

For exercise, I do like New Balance tennis shoes, but I think the ariats are more comfortable for walking.

For the office, pretty much whatever pump goes with my outfit. I'm not into them the way a lot of women are. Besides, they really spend as much time kicked off under my desk or conference table as they do on my feet.

[SIZE=18pt]What are your favorite shoes?[/SIZE]
dancing16.gif

I like the looks and the convenience of flip flops, but can't stand that thing between my toes :no: (such a wimp I am)!

You guys know me and my flip flops. They are my 'everday' shoe of choice, for the barn, shopping, if im going out anywhere, just to go uptown to the store. I dont think i have worn anything else exept for flip flops in over a month or so. I have a variety of colors, styles. My faverite are the super light ones bc they are so comfy to wear all day long.

I have a pair of Adidas that i wear though sometimes. Then i have my boots i got from TSC that i use for when i work in the stalls/barn, they are really light and amazingly confy.

I buy a new pair of flip flops everytime i got to wal-mart, they have my faveriate selection
default_smile.png

Flip Flops and Skater Shoes, they are so comfy and quiet, I cant stand shoes I can actually hear since everything is muffled

Sandals are on my feet most of the time. I found th emost comfortable pair this spring at Walmart. The tan lines on my feet from the sandals look like I have a foot disease. :eek: NIke sneakers are on my feet on the way to the barn. Anytime type of sneakers, not like my sister. she has to have NIke, I just have them because they were on sale..

For boots, Ariats and Justin Techno Crepes - the most comfortable boots I've ever worn, I was limping in and out of the arena at Nationals years ago, carrying my boots to ringside to change into them and then coming right back out of them, until I got the Techno crepes.

My most recent find - MBT (Masai Barefoot Technology) sandals. Big, ugly and hugely comfortable shoes, also way too expensive. I have problems with my feet and really have to pay attention to what I wear. These have an added bonus - the way you rock in them as you walk also tones your legs and behind.
default_smile.png
They were kind of an investment, but I've gotten a lot of wear out of them.

Can't do flip flops all the time like I used to
default_sad.png
Read something recently that said there is a whole generation coming up with foot problems from flip flops...no support for your feet in them.

Jan

OK, I'm going to sound like a true west-coaster here: my BIRKENSTOCKS!! I have a blue pair and a brown pair, to make sure I have the bases covered. And of course, if it's winter, that means SOCKS with my birkenstocks!!

For the barn, I have a pair of HorseShoes. I forget who makes them now, but they're boots that feel like sneakers. Even have that little tassley thing and everything.

For dress up I do have some nice sandals and in the winter I have a couple pair of leather slip on clog type things. And the requisite two pairs of tennis shoes: one nice, one for working in the yard.

Columbia flipflops. You never feel the thing between your toes and they give support. I've always got them on in the spring in summer. In the winter it's Timberland boots.
default_smile.png

and of course, good ole barn tennis shoes and plain ole "duck" boots when it's bad weather(rain/snow).

In the house these wonderful slippers my son got me for Xmas.

My main foot ware outside now a days on the farm if I go out, is my Gardening clogs..and if we go out out... Sperry Topsider mules. Boy are the mules supper comfy.

When I was riding... I would wear the Ariat Terrian riding sneakers.

Ariats. They are pretty much all I own. I still have a couple pair of Justins, which I haven't worn in years and a couple pair of pumps from my last job, that I also don't wear. If I'm outside, I'm wearing Ariat lace-ups.

LOL, barefoot when I can!! However at home I usually have sandals on, if I have to wear shoes (don't wonder why I had 3 broken toes from 3 different instances at one time or WHY my toes were broken by a Mini who decided not to get caught and used my foot as a launching pad to go the other way). Otherwise it's tennis shoes to work most of the time unless it's really cold, at a show, or riding- then it's Ariats.

This is a sore subject -- literally!

I used to love beautiful shoes. My legs and ankles used to be the one skiinny part of my body, so I took advantage and wore short skirts and sexy shoes. At one time I had a shoe store for a graphic deisgn/illustration client, and they part of my pay was in their very cute shoes

...those were the days!

These days, I've forsaken style for comfort. I would go barefoot if it weren't dangerous for a diabetic. I have a pair of rubber Birkenstock clogs that are supremely comfy, easy to slip on and off, and sturdy enough to wear around the horses. I have a pair of Earth Shoe sandals that have velcro fasteners on every strap and adjust for my ever-changing feet.

For winter, I have a pair of Earth Shoe hiking/cross training boots with very soft insides, and there are my trusty, cheapo barn boots. And, of course, my oh-so-soft slipppers...

The only dressy footwear I own are my leather paddock boots for horse shows. I used to have a nice pair of comfy, flat pumps, but after my dog barfed cat poop into them, they became landfill and I never replaced them

If it doesn't go with my sandals or paddock boots, it doesn't leave my closet. Occasionally I miss the cool shoes I used to wear, but then I think of my poor feet and I stick with my old standbys.

CROCS!!
default_yes.gif
: (I have black and pink, my 2 fave colors! :bgrin )

Susanne, you should try Crocs...they are VERY comfortable!!!

I LOVE cute flip flops! I buy so many pairs of them...

Also love Minnetonkas.

I bought a pair of Ariat Caseys this summer, but they have a taller platform and I fall off them.

(Embarassing). :no:

Shelley

Well its winter here, so at the moment my favourite footwear is gumboots! :aktion033: At work I usually resort to wearing heels of some sort but my feet really don't like them much ( neither does my back). And in summer of course, flip flops anything else and my feet get too hot! :eek:

Back