Favorite Footwear?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must agree with Susanne!

I too love the high heels, very painful yet beautiful shoes!

I do love ariats and flips as well. But throw me a nice pair of stilettos, platforms anyday! Thank gosh I live out on the west coast, I can pretty much wear them year round!

Cheers

Masako

When I go out I'm either in my very comfy running shoes (my third pair of the same model) or platform/heels (I love the look of them plus I'm very very short) but at home its usually again my very comfy running shoes or my very very very old paddock boots. I've never been a sandal person, and I didn't get into crocs. Running shoes are my all around best choice.

Call me a princess, but John Fluevog shoes in NYC are pheonemonal!!!! I saved and treated myself to one pair, the second pair should be on the way soon if I keep picking up nickels.....lol

The cheaper and uglier the better :new_shocked:

I used to be a major shoe w_hore.....loved high high heels, glitzy, sexy....then I had back surgery and now do not wear heels at all...

Somewhere along the way I decided if I couldn't wear "hot" shoes I would try for the funkiest ugly shoes I could find :eek:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

so I prefer now to wear my heavy workboots when doing gardening/digging........around the house I wear socks or slippers/moccasins............I have cheapy birk/clogs for quick trips outside......a fabulous pair of lavender tennis shoes :bgrin .....I still have my cowboy boots from when I worked and rode but now only wear them once in a blue moon.

I need a new pair of birks/birk knock offs.

For dog showing and farmers market I have a good pair of reebok's with arch support that almost is enough for my uber high arches
default_wacko.png
:

Ummm....does anyone here remember when " flip flops" were called THONGS???
default_smile.png

I sure do Maryann!! :new_shocked: Does that age us? :no: Or tell our age? :eek: LOL

If I'm in the house I'm barefoot or just have socks on.

I have my riding boots they are so old and comfy I've forgotten what brand they are. (Must be a senior moment.) I used to wear cowboy boots ALL of the time (in my 20's & 30's) if I wasn't working. I also wore moccasins a lot then. Now I wear crocs if I just need to run outside. Sandals if I'm going to town in the summer and Nike's or Reebok's any other time. Pumps if I'm dressing up. I have a pair of lace-up Ariats that I just haven't gotten comfortable with. I wear them riding sometimes, maybe I need to wear them more.

And for a while I wore clogs (younger days) they were very comfortable too.

I don't "do" shoes. I can't find any shoes that fit! I have very high arches and VERY wide feet! My feet are 4.25" wide! I have yet to find women's shoes wide enough to fit.

I am barefoot ALL the time. The only shoes I have is one pair of men's black sneakers. Size men's 7 I think.

They don't make wide women's shoes and don't make cute men's shoes so what choice do I have?

So, I get any $10 pair that fit once this pair wears out. But they last a long time since I don't wear them LOL!

(well, only in Winter) :bgrin

Crocs or the imitaions from Target are my favorite footwear. My hubby has a fit that I don't wear something sturdier when grooming the horses...yea, my toes have been stepped on many times! I am amazed that so many of you go barefoot in the house...I do too but mostly with footies. Mary

In the house? Outside too! Clipping horses, tromping through fields, foaling out mares, hand breeding, etc. I'm always bare footed.

What is a Croc? Are they wide? I'd love something cozy to wear some times.
default_yes.gif
:

Crocs! I have three pair for work (blue, brown & black), one for working around the house and a pair of crocs sandals that I use as slippers.

For the barn I use either my mucking around the house crocs or my "muck boots".

Occasionally I wear a pair of men's sandals I picked up (Earth Shoes) that are EXTREMELY comfy!

For showing dogs I wear loafer-type shoes, most of them made by either Earth Shoes or Dr. Scholls.

I'm not much of a fancy shoe person.

Can someone post a picture of Crocs? I don't really know what they are, either. Are they those clog looking rubber shows w/ holes (like swiss cheese)?

Got a pair of Double H waterproof laceups at Rods Western in Columbus last year...worn Ariats for years....man they are SO comfy....bought 2 pair this spring....I like them even just for walks...much less working horses...like the ankle support.

In winter..I live in my rough-out western boots, but for the rest of the year my favorite would have to be my minnitonka moccasins, I have those in every color they come in. I just love them, they are so comfy. I also have a few pair of sandals, which are Ok, but I dont like anything between my toes. Corinne

For the barn, those rubber shoes from Tractor supply, ladybugs? I think. Showing/riding, Ariats, the zipper ones are my favorites, all other times kswiss sneakers or sandals.

MA,

I'll date myself by admitting I remember when they were thongs...

Nowadays, if you tell anyone you like to wear thongs, they would get QUITE the wrong idea!!!

My favorite shoes EVER were a pair of soft rubber sandals with molded fake criss-cross straps and a slight heel shaped like a backwards horse shoe. They cost $1 and were ugly as sin...they were a running joke with my family and friends, but they were soooo comfortable.

I wore them all summper long for about 5 years and they were still going strong. Then my sister and I went to the beach and we decided to leave our shoes under a log while we walked barefoot on the sand. When we got back, someone had stolen our shoes!

I laughed at someone so stupid as to steal my ugly sandals, but I've missed them ever since. I've looked forever for replacements, but have only seen them in huge men's sizes.

I love my Blundstones. I have 5 pairs; they're good for riding, shlepping, going out etc. So comfy and durable.

i too remember when flip-flops were called thongs... haven't worn them for years, i hate things between my toes, but recently bought a pair on my Maui trip, and ended up buying another, for whatever reason they are not bothering me any more. used to do heels all the time until i broke my foot, now it's flats all the way, no matter what kind of shoe. i have to wear kinda nice ones for work but i go for comfortable... walkables makes a really comfy sandal. my absolute favorite footwear used to be NOTHING but since my DH is on his feet all the time for work he has impressed upon me how important they are and i am more careful now... even in the house since i stepped on a toothpick in my own living room, that somehow poked its way out of the kitchen garbage bag :eek: my boots are Ariat for the support, and my "work around the ranch" shoes are hard plastic clogs bought at the birkenstock store but i forget the brand name, i have had them for years and although they are now faded and stained, the integrity of the shoe has not changed at all...and they are molded in such a way they are really comfortable.

Latest posts

Back