Favorite Beatles song?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Not really new, as I listened to them when I was small, but it was basically just a few songs played over and over (8-track woo hoo), and I really put them aside as I was growing up because I associated their sound with a lot of really painful memories.

Now I am feeling strong enough to look into the wide variation of what's available, and found I like a few songs pretty well: "Yesterday" and the one that Ringo Starr wrote, I think it's "Goodnight". Nice song. I like "Here Comes the Sun" too, but not sure at this point that I'm ready to name a favorite.

Any other Beatles fans on here....?

Liz

(hope 2008's treating everyone well)

Love the Beatles!!

Yesterday is a great song!

I've even got their 'white album" on CD and love it.
default_yes.gif

My husband is a HUGE Beatles fan. I like them too.

We have seen Paul McCartney in concert 3 times and everytime I am amazed by his talent.

Favorite? That is hard. I like Here Comes the Sun and Paperback Writer. My favorite album is Abbey Road. I like near every song on that one.

I have burned most of the albums onto CD. I think we have just about every Beatles, Wing, and McCartney album ever made, even some rare ones that were not released in the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hubby and I are huge Beatles fans! He can play tons of their stuff on guitar, some of my faves are Across the Universe, Norwegian Wood, Revolution and my very favs, In My Life and I Need You!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite stems from the fact that my son butchered the song so well when he was young........

When he was little he insisted on singing along to "HAM ON THE RUG"
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
It was so funny that I always stop and listen to Band on the run
default_wink.png

I DO have every single record they ever made on vinal

my favs are:

Please Please Me

And I Love Her

George Harrisons' While My Guitar Gently Weeps and his BanglaDesh Album

default_biggrin.png
I am a fan too, lived in England in the 60's and they stayed at my mother's hotel. I can't pick one favourite, I love Revolution, Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, Norwegian, Eleanor Rigby, yesterday and on and on.

Yvonne

Oh Marty, when my husband and I started dating, i was not a fan of the Beatles, just really did not know any better LOL. he used to always sing, "And I Love Her" to me and I used to tell him that he made it up! LOL

Thanks for the memory!

I had forgotten about Please Please Me.

I just got done reading the Pattie Boyd book (she was married to George Harrison), and found some inspiration there.

I'm glad I've begun to get over my unfair aversion to them.
default_smile.png
I really do like several of their songs but don't ask me to listen to the Revolution No. 9 song ever. ;)

Love the memories associated with these.

Liz

Some more favourites off the top of my head...

Blackbird

Hey Jude

All My Loving

Do You Want To Know A Secret

With A Little Help From My Friends

Here, There and Everywhere

Help

If I Fell

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

We Can Work It Out

Let It Be

Can't Buy Me Love

When I'm Sixty-Four

I'm not much of a Beatle fan but just the other day a guy at work played a song for me that was on his computer and it was a song that I would never expect the beatles to sing..I don't remember the name, but they are singing about hitting a woman over the head with a hammer. I'll have to get with him today and ask him the name of the song so you can look it up.

I'm not much of a Beatle fan but just the other day a guy at work played a song for me that was on his computer and it was a song that I would never expect the beatles to sing..I don't remember the name, but they are singing about hitting a woman over the head with a hammer. I'll have to get with him today and ask him the name of the song so you can look it up.
It's called Maxwell's Silver Hammer...it's on Abbey Road...LOL I had to ask my hubby that one
default_biggrin.png

Too many favorites to name
default_smile.png
I still think they are the most important thing to happen to music in our lifetime, of course I'm a child of the 60's LOL. I went through my teens and through college listening to the Beatles, and have most of their albums still. Lots of memories.....
default_wink.png

Jan

Latest posts

Back