Farm interveiws?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTango

Reaction score
I have recently been getting alot of phone calls about horse clubs wanting to interveiw my farm? Anyone else have experiences with these kinda calls?

yeah, I just say no thanks or ignore them. Most time from magazines or places I never heard of.

Now if it was one I heard of or was really popular, then I would consider it.
default_smile.png

I really don't understand why you wouldn't want to share your love of miniatures with anyone that asked. After all, no one is born knowing all about anything and miniatures are no exception. I welcome any interviews, or any magazines, no matter how obscure. You might just touch the next Little King, Little America, NFC or Brewer with sharing your experience.

When I was asked, it starts off sounding like a good ideal, untill they want weird personal info and then high $$$.

Thens it tapers off sounding fishy!

Ive only had 3-4 calls about doing interviews over the yrs But, always decline.

I think it was 2003 or 2004 I received a phone call from our local newspaper wanting an interview and to bring a photographer for a story they were doing on exotic pets in our county. When the reporter came we did a obstacle course, my granson set his mini up just like in the show ring, and I put one of my special girls in the cross ties and began to groom, just to demonstrate how docile and caring the little horses were to an older, senior, citizen. The photgrapher snapped my picture and when the paper came out I was on the front page! At the time was also the president of a trail riding club, the paper came out on a Wed. and our club meeting was on Thurs. night, but did they rib me about being a celebrity. Since then we have have diplomates from DC, local 4-H clubs and a Chinese dignatary visit. It's good PR for the little horses. We have also had wounded soldiers visit from Walter Reed hosp., one was wanting to start his own mini farm as he can no longer handle the big horses that he loved and suffered a head injury in the war. I knew from the start he wasn't going to purchase from me, as it was stated he would wait until he was sent home to the mid west to buy, but I gave him a little push with my loving babies.

We had a local newspaper call last summer and ask to put our farm in their section of a Sunday paper that was labeled "all things mini" They had a little house, a mini car and a few other things, but our farm had the biggest part of the section, we were on the front page of the section and had a small photo on the front page of the paper. It was good publicity, but in a way that we did not get much from it. There were people that called to see the horses, but I had to turn a lot of them down because they wanted to come with one or two adults and up to 8 young (10 and under) children. I can't have that many young children running around here unless I know the parents or grandparents have them under control. So many people think the horses are harmless because they are small.

I don't know that I would do it again but it did get lots of attention. We still have people saying that they saw the article and enjoyed it.

If it sounds fishy definitly back out, it shouldn't cost you anything.

But I am with Tony, there are still alot of folks out there that have no idea what a mini is or what they can do. We had the Salina Journal contact us in 2011 and do the front page of the Sunday edition with our farm. They did a wondeful job and took quite a few photos. We had a copy framed :0)

It is very good advertising. for your farm and the breed as a whole
default_thumbup.gif

Joy

No and I would verify they exist and that person works there before allowing them at my place. Could be an excuse by someone to see what you have and what they would like to remove while you are gone.

Latest posts

Back