Eyes running all the time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That inherited thing is probably ASD and im kinda suprised your vet didnt explain it to you better. Im also suprised they said it isnt a bad thing?? Its certainly not desirable? This is what Ginia was posting about above. Im curious now is the horse silver dapple?

asd

Hmmm, that doesn't exactly sound like what she explained. This is the reddest chestnut filly I've ever seen, out of Bond A Toy 4UC. Don't know what color her dam (Winner's Circle Valentina) was though (granddam must have been some sort of gray: Boones Little Grey Dawn; grandsire: Lil Abner). I'll look at the notes the vet left and see if she wrote anything specific down about the eye condition. She did not give the impression she considered it a serious issue. Although I bought her already bred, I would certainly not be knowingly breeding a horse with any serious genetic flaw. There are enough problems already within any breed, without creating new ones or compounding existing ones.

I am still very much looking forward to this foal, and I hope it will be one we can enter the show world with.

If anyone knows what color the grandparents named above are/were, I would be interested to hear that. I went to horsestudbook.com but can't much more than names there.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back