For those of us who believe in Heaven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WendyJ

Reaction score
This isn't to start some dabate on religion. I love stories like this and thought I would share.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/heaven-is-real-neurosurgeon-who-once-doubted-out-of-body-experiences-describes-his-own/

I had a client once who told me a story of when she "died" and was revived. She said she had the fullblown "bright light" experience, which gave way to a meadow where all of her beloved (deceased) dogs were waiting on her. She said you could smell the flowers, and that everything was so incredibly beautiful and detailed. She also said she completely lost any fear of death with that experience. Her eyes teared up as she was telling me this, and I have no doubts that she was being completely truthful.

I know the theory that, when a brain gets low on oxygen, as with a near death experience, people can use that as a cause for the "bright light" and hallucinations, but I don't buy that at all. An oxygen-deprived brain just wouldn't provide all of the amazing detail that these people experience....instead I think things would be fuzzy and distorted.

Wendy

I think there have been way too many stories like this, to not believe that there is something waiting for us. Whether we call it Heaven or something else, there do seem to be too many people who have experienced 'something', and it's almost always pretty much the same.

And what about ghosts? Certainly some long gone, still are with us.

Lizzie

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a very personal experience. I wrote about it on my blog but the piece is locked at the moment. I remain ever thankful for that experience. It's the only thing that got me through the death of my husband. I do believe and I am thankful for my belief and God every day.

I believe in Heaven. I cannot imagine a sweet little 3 year old beautiful brown eyed boyed named Chancellor not being in Heaven.

In 2 days it will have been 6 months since he departed this life. I never posted about it here because honestly it was just too painful to discuss it with anyone unless we were face to face. Obviously, I can't even type about it without boohooing. My daughter-in-law sang (recorded) God Speed Little Man at the funeral. There has not been a day since then that the song and his sweet face don't flash through my mind.

As far as near death experiences I can neither deny or confirm their existence. I did have a dream once that seemingly lasted for hours in which I went from an eagle afraid to fly to an eagle led by an older wiser eagle. MeEagle finally did fly high above the mountains. THAT had to be a religious experience. Indescribable.

default_smile.png

MountainWoman,

I would love to hear about your experience, if you ever want to share it with us. I also had a very tiny, tiny experience, but the effect on me was profound. Mine was basically a short dream that had Jesus in it. What affected me so much, to this day, is how I felt during the dream. It was the most amazing overwhelming sense of peace, happiness, and pure love that I would not have imagined possible, had I not felt it.

Wendy

I'll share it Wendy. I know what you mean. I'm certain mine was NOT a dream and just like you I had the most amazing sense of peace and love as well and I knew I'd survive.

Vickie, I'm so very sorry. I can't begin to imagine how painful it would be to lose a child.

I personally don't believe in heaven; I don't claim to know the answers and feel no need to explain what will happen when I die. I am, however, thankful that so many people find peace and tranquility in the thought of such a place. Any belief that brings that to an individual, especially when they are suffering, is good.

Thank you for sharing this here! I saw it today and think it's beautiful!!!

Personally, I do not belong to an organized religion, only because I'm really a loner at heart. I do believe in God, and I do believe in an afterlife. There have been things in my life, and in close up "family legend", that confirm to me there is more than this world. I don't doubt it, not for a minute. I feel sad for those who do. How bleak it must feel for them.

Not bleak at all, Jill, at least not for me.

Not believing in heaven does not necessarily mean one believes the candle of the soul is simply snuffed out, although it could be the case -- I don't know. I doubt everything except the goodness of the earth and the importance of doing good in this world. We have the power to create our own heaven or he11 right here on earth, and we should focus on that.

I have no fear in what lies beyond; I am intrigued by the mystery, but while I may speculate, I have no need to presume I know the answer; I'm certainly not going to accept another human's explanation of that which they have not experienced. Others find happiness in this; I would not. Fortunately, neither my job nor my lifestyle demand that I pretend that I do.

I'll share it Wendy. I know what you mean. I'm certain mine was NOT a dream and just like you I had the most amazing sense of peace and love as well and I knew I'd survive.

Vickie, I'm so very sorry. I can't begin to imagine how painful it would be to lose a child.
The little boy's mom works for my son. My daugher-in-law is a dear friend to the mom. It happened right before a ballgame for which we were all present. The mom had a wreck with an 18 wheeler. Chancellor, the baby of three boys had severe head trauma. The dad got the phone call at the ball field. He coaches the kids with my son. The helicopter flew right over the ball field. He did not make it through the night. I have never seen so many people come together to help a family in need. I know that baby is in Heaven.

Not bleak at all, Jill, at least not for me.

Not believing in heaven does not necessarily mean one believes the candle of the soul is simply snuffed out, although it could be the case -- I don't know. I doubt everything except the goodness of the earth and the importance of doing good in this world. We have the power to create our own heaven or heck right here on earth, and we should focus on that.

I have no fear in what lies beyond; I am intrigued by the mystery, but while I may speculate, I have no need to presume I know the answer; I'm certainly not going to accept another human's explanation of that which they have not experienced. Others find happiness in this; I would not. Fortunately, neither my job nor my lifestyle demand that I pretend that I do.
Very well said Susanne! I have no fear of death at all and savor every second of life. In fact to me it's the opposite....I feel sorry for those whose only joy of this life comes from the promise of another. To me this life is the best freakin' enjoyable, exciting, experience one could ever wish for. Live every second as if it were your last
default_smile.png

I believe! I've seen the evil one, and was scared to death! I've never seen Gods face or the great one as some calls him, but know he exists. When my first husband was shot and killed he came to me after and told me he was alright, then a decade later my Mom passed, she also came to me and told me not to worry. I've had dogs come to me also and let me know they are at peace. Just last month I lost one of my daughters, and am still waiting for her to appear to me, but I'm sure she will, soon.

Because of personal experiences, I know there is life after death. From a scientific point of view, physics has proven that we (and all living things) are made up of energy and once energy is created it does not "die", but will instead take on a new form.

Wendy, that was beautiful. Thank you for sharing! Of course, I believe in Heaven. My Mom was given a glimpse once - more of a vision. She was in that state between wake and sleep - where you're not really asleep, kind of dozing. She saw herself having a picnic with my brother. They were in a beautiful field. His daughter, Kambree, was there and she was sitting on the blanket with them. She was laughing and babbling (she was only 11 months old).

In reality, Kambree had been born extremely premature and was home and doing well, but she had a trach - so she could not make any sounds - she couldn't laugh or cry. My mom stared at Kambree in wonder and was so happy that she was healed and was able to laugh. Kambree was so happy and clapping her hands. She was delighted in the sounds she was finally able to make.

The ringing of the telephone woke my mom. It was my brother calling to tell my mom they went in to Kambree's room to find somehow she had pulled out her trach early that morning and lost her airway and she had died. They were rushing her to the hospital, but she was gone. We buried her two weeks before her first birthday.

None of us doubt that my mom had been allowed to see that Kambree was whole and healthy in Heaven and that someday we would be with her again. This is just one instance of visions my mom has been given. My belief in God and in Heaven is the only thing that makes this world bearable. The promise of being reunited with our loved ones again is what gets me through.

Thanks for letting me share about our precious Kambree. We miss her each day. She would be 13 now - it's hard to believe.

25184_1425490240703_3507511_n.jpg

Having just lost my father in July I like hearing these stories. My sister has been in contact with him through a medium. RiverRose, how did your loved ones contact you? In your dreams?

Latest posts

Back