eye drainage/swollen

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
I have a question..the new mare has goopey swollen eyes. no other symptoms I am sure she has been in an open trailer on the road plus who knows what else....I have been cleaning them out 2xs a day and Vet will be coming soon...but I noticed she has a small hard bump with round wound same spot below each eye, about finger width down from tearduct....no drainage , . Infected tearducts /sinus/worm???? that blew??any ideas?

pepperhill

Reaction score
Wow! Never heard of that. It sure sounds symptomatic of something, though---especially since it is both eyes. I wonder if the tear ducts got blocked and infected and then ruptured. I have no idea if that is even possible. Good luck.

Pepipony

Reaction score
Maybe she had something get in her eyes and it is working its way down to drain through her nose? Years ago had this happen , Vet put a tube into the tear duct and forced a grass seed to travel and come out the nose. Was weird, never really thought that they drained like that LOL

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
Hmmmm...I have an idea....

CALL YOUR VET!!!

Infected eyes and/or tear ducts are NOT something to mess around with trying everyone's home remedies .

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
Dr. Pam..ouch...I do have a call into my Vet but was just curious if anyone had seen this before........and sorry, but for SOME things I will take a home remedy over a Rx because I think there are times when we medicate way too much...but that is just my humble little opinion..please no flames..but I did feel a little yelled at..
..course I am also a weeeee bit menepausal so could be mistaken

Latest posts