Exhaustion has set in....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverdance

Reaction score
A very dear friend of mine's husband was sent home to die from the hospital last Thursday. He has to be medicated every hour round the clock. So, I am over her house every day and night helping out.

( they have a 4 year old daughter) There are only 3 of us taking care of him most of the time.....I think I could sleep standing up.

Brought two of my mares to her house so that I could keep an eye on them. Both foaled in the am, 1 hour apart. Then one went that night

Operating on about 2 hours of sleep a night, if that.

Of course, two of them where colts. So....I now have 4 colts and one filly. 8 Years in a row I have had mostly boys. I give up, think I am going to change my farm namel to Stallion Station.
default_wink.png

This is what I have so far:

Riverdances Buster Brown....Bay colt

Riverdances Just A Gigolo...Bay colt

Riverdances Knights In White Satin...Cremello colt

Riverdances This Ones For You...Palomino colt (named for mike, my friends husband. Barn name Moe...Mikes nickname)

Riverdances Amazine Grace...Palomino filly (Also names for Mike)

Here are the three new ones:

Riverdances This Ones For You.....Riverdances Desperado x Riverdances Wind Song (palomino colt)

DSC_0037.jpg

Riverdances Just A Gigolo....Riverdances Desperado x Century Farms Darq Enchantress (Bay colt)

DSC_0026.jpg

Riverdances Amazing Grace.....Riverdances Desperado x Marystown Royal Lady (palomino filly)

DSC_0043.jpg

I'm so sorry your friends are going thru this. How terrible for them. I know how it is to not get the sleep our bodies require to keep going. I am so glad that you have such beautiful healthy foals though. What a blessing that is for you in this stressful time.

OMG, you poor thing!!! Dont run yourself into the ground and get sick!! So sorry to hear about your friends husband, but I bet they more than appreciate your help.

I love that first pic- what a pretty head on that baby. Congrats on your three in one day!! Wow! Hang in there, ha, you can sleep this fall!

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry to hear about your friends husbands ill health. My prayers are with his family.[/SIZE]

On another note your foals are beautiful....

Oh, I love the palomino colt and filly! So lovely!

So very sorry to hear about friend - very sad
default_sad.png

Congrats on the safe arrival of your 3 gorgeous foals though
default_wub.png

Very sorry to hear about your friend, you be careful. Sleep deprivation is very hard on your body and dangerous if you are driving. Falling asleep at the wheel is never good.

Congratulations on your pretty foals!

First off, Sue, I want to say that I am sorry about your friend's husband and their family. I know that it must be hard on them. Thank goodness they have such a good friend as you to help them. I am sure that they are very appreciative of your helping them out. All of this and having to marestare can't be easy. Hope you can catch up on getting some rest soon.

On another note about your foals. I was going to suggest that maybe it was time to find some new boys if they were producing mostly colts. I went to the studbook and actually, they are producing pretty much 50/50.
default_biggrin.png
So I think it just seems that you are getting a lot of boys. Or maybe your luck is like mine, I sell a mare and the buyer gets the filly! LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

Congrats Sue on all your beautiful foals
default_smile.png

Sorry to hear things are not going well with your friend's husband.

peggy

Blessings to you for helping your neighbor.......

And congratulations on your foals! Thank heaven they are all healthy......and having them be pretty too is a bonus!
default_wub.png

Sue, very sorry to hear about your friends, how sad for that little girl......

As usual, looks like a beautiful group of babies....I love that palomino (Mike)...just gorgeous....take care, mary

So sorry to hear about your friends.
default_no.gif
You will need to get some sleep soon or you could wind up sick (which I hope doesn't happen) Congratulations on your foal's!! They are all cute!!

Your babies are beautiful - many congratulations!

So sorry to hear about your friend's hubby, what a terrible time this must be for them. I'm sure they appreciate all you are doing to help - but do take care of yourself too.

Sending prayers for all concerned.

Anna

O my! Such beautiful foals! I know it's probably the last thing on your mind right now but take care of yourself too. You don't want to get too run down and end up sick.

I'm sorry to hear you are so physically and emotionally depleted Sue, and my heart really goes out to your friends in what must seem like an impossible situation, but I hope those beautiful bouncing babies bring you all some comfort.

Hey Sue,

I am confused. I thought that Patinas baby was Just a Gigalo? Is Enchantress's foal the one you are calling Buster Brown? Anyways, Congratulations on your beautiful babies! They may be mostly colts, but such pretty ones!
default_wub.png

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends husband. It's so wonderful that you're there for her. Take care of yourself though...you don't want to get sick.

Congratulations on all of your foals!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah They may be mostly boys....but they're very nice colts!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back