Ever heard of Mule Day?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

journey

Reaction score
http://www.muleday.com/Index.cfm

They have not updated the website for 2006 yet. Just wondering if anyone knows about it, or comes here for it. I live in this crazy little town. Would love to know if anyone is coming, or if anyone has ever came before.

Hey! I've never been but would love to go! This year one of my goals is to take a few of my mules to Bishop Mule Days in CA. I wanted to go last year and had everything all set, just got hurt and couldn't go! :no:

My brother and his family live near Thomasville GA and they have a Mule Days in Fall (I think) I got to go once and it was a blast!

default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

And I'm not going. :saludando:

Come up the mountain instead and see the laundry in my living room.

I hear this place is a hoot on the weekends.
default_yes.gif
:

It gets crazy here, over 200,000 people come from EVERYWHERE! Last year I think we had some folks come here to see Mule Day from Germany and New Zealand.

I am not too crazy about it myself since I was in high school, and I was a nerd in the marching band, and I had to march through the manure :eek:

They have all sorts of neat thing we do like to go see. We like watching the Mule Pull and the Driving and Draft Mule shows. They even had some Miniature Donkeys last year.
default_wub.png
: I don't go to the parade because it tends to get a tad dangerous. A few years back some drunk ignorant jerk was riding a horse in the parade and he kept digging his heels in with real spurs on, the mare started rearing and you could tell it was from pain. She ended up kicking a pregnant lady's lawn chair. Stupid jerk got on a horse, drunk, and was being mean to this Mare, I would have kicked too. Wished the cops could have given him a DUI :lol:

BTW the pregnant lady was not hurt and the cops did arrest this guy for public drunk and the owner of the Mare came and got her. I just think it is too much for horses, especially on the pavement with no shoes on.

Edited to add, I think it is hard on the Mules too, all the animals. Most people do have them shoed for Mule Day, but it is sad that there are those who don't shoe their horses and Mules for the parade.

Last edited by a moderator:
spottedmule.jpg

Is this Mule not just beautiful? I know it is not that great of a picture, but I sure do like looking at these beautiful animals.

Latest posts

Back