Even though he is dirty... what do you think?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NVsOkapi

Reaction score
I would like some opinons on my little guy...or should I say man! He was very interested in our appy mares today!

Anyway! Let me know what you think please. he has some nice movement, but I was having a hard time catching it on the camera!

Even though he is dirty, what do you think??

march24026.jpg

march24028.jpg

march24025.jpg

march24019.jpg

and one for fun!

march24034.jpg

Love the neck on him and he has amazing legs. Love the second picture, I think you have a real show horse there. How old is he?

He can be a pretty showy guy. Condition him and sweat him, and he will look awesome. Once he's clean, of course! He does have a nice length of neck and also legs. Also looks like mr. personality!

thanks for the comments guys!

He sure is Mr. Personality..maybe I should say Mr. Attitude!

He is a yearling, for those ot you wondering.

when you say sweat him, which parts to you mean, neck, throatlatch, belly? let me know please! these are the comments I am looking for! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Neck and throatlatch. Condition him through roundpen work 5 minutes each direction (I switch direction frequently over a 10 minute period to begin with, work up to 20 minutes, canter and trot, end on a walk). I usually condition three together, so they have fun playing together at the same time. ;)

anyone else have any comments to make on him?

I am trying to get some pictures of him set up, but I haven't had an extra hand to snap the picture!

any comments, GOOD OR BAD, are helpful to me right now. I want to know what I need to do to get him looking the best I can!

He looks like he needs muscle. Thats the only thing throwing me off. His neck is a nice length nice legs once he grows up he'll be stunning. he's a yearling though and looks great!! looks like a SHOW boy to me!!
default_wub.png
:

Your boy is lovely, but then again I'm no expert!

I'm looking at all that mud! :new_shocked: WOW!

Very pretty! Love the neck and legs.
default_yes.gif
: He may need sweating later if he's this filled out as a yearling, but personally I love him just the way he is right now and would leave him alone. Don't work him too hard at this age either, just turn him out with a buddy to play and he'll muscle up plenty. He's only a baby!

Leia

thanks again for the nice comments guys! I really appreciate it!

I wish we had a buddy for him to turn him out with. that is part of my problem. he is in a pasture by himself.

I don't want to put him with the big horses, it scares me! he can see them and he is next to them, but he can't touch them.

I am going to do some light round penning with his this spring/summer and we are going to go for lots of walks down our dirt road!

thanks again for the comments!

Can you take him for walks or runs? Any hilly roads nearby? Round-penning (or any work in a circle) is hard on young legs, so it's really not the best way to exercise him. Many people use golf carts and the like to exercise their horses.

Be patient. It's not worth damaging your horse's legs for the sake of showing. He has plenty of time ahead of him, so hold off the intensive work until he's a bit older.

(I think he's developing into a really nice horse.)

Latest posts

Back