Essential Oils

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marsha,I love them! Our vitamin/natural food store has a great selection. It really depends on what you want them for. If it is for calming wild chamomile is great. I recently bought a spray for joint health that also claims to be calming and soothing. It contains magnesium along with arnica extract and lavender oil. Let me tell you, I can spray it on my aching hip at night and I drop off to sleep and dreamland. Tea tree oil is great in soap and shampoo. I also make a concoction to steep on the stove and inhale to nip a sinus infection in the bud. It simply is done by adding a few drops each of clove oil, cinnamon oil, and thyme oil. I have never used a diffuser but they look cool.

Love them! I use them daily. Borrowed my mom's diffuser when I had bad cold, it helped at night.

Young Living is great company with high quality oils, beware when purchasing for use on skin or internal use as some are not pure quality oils.

Like Kim, I have used a Young Living product. I can't remember the name of that particulair oil mix; but it sure helped take the ache/pain out of my ankle/foot so I could sleep. It was a mixture of cinnamon, clove, peppermint and chry???? It starts with a P. The friend who introduced me has arthritis in her hands and she uses Peppermint and has great results with it. Like Kim said though, best to get a very high quality oil and from someone well educated in their uses.

Young Living is the company I was thinking about. I might put it on my wish list; I like the diffuser that can program when it releases the oil. I'm not into smelly things much, but the setup I saw was very subtle and pleasing. It is a fact that the sense of smell is deepest in the memory, and the times I am happiest generally have to do with aromas in some way: flowers, rain fresh outdoors, horses...

Latest posts

Back