Equine affaire Columbus Ohio

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrat

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is very much mini Horse stuff at the EA? I see Muffy Seaton is having a driving clinic, and a few other clinic's I'll find very interesting, but not sure how much will apply too the mini's.

I'm also wondering if I should go there and see what the have to look at as far as carts and show halters go. If they have had alot of carts and such there in the past then It would probably be a good idea for me to wait to order anything until I get to view my options in person.

Will some of you who have been there share your experience?

I hoping to go but with a 2 yr old son, I'm not sure if I'll make it or not, it may be too big of a day for him, and I'm not sure if my sitter will be free. But I'm hopeful ! My sitter will probably want to go too though
default_smile.png

Anyway, if I do make it down I'm wondering what to expect as far as being driving and mini related. And who I may get the chance to meet from LB
default_smile.png

Thanks

Jayme

P.S. Do you pay to get in and then the clinics are free, or do you pay to get in and pay for each clinic you attend?

i love equine affair! ill be there! I won a pony driving cart last year. jodi (sfmini) will be helping with the amha booth and doing miniature breed demos. Honestly there wont be much mini tack to buy. about the most youll find will be barn halters. But its still a blast and lots of great barn stuff, clothes etc. Also some of the seminars are really good. Getitia is usually there with a row of stalls showcasing her horses along with other mini/pony breeders.

A couple friends and i are going down that Friday, taking off school. We are going to the performance friday night to, will prob be there all day friday. Might go back down Saturday to.

Didnt get to go last year so not sure what to be expecting, sure it will be fun eitherway.

Kay will you be there that Friday???
default_smile.png

The Equine Affaire is a lot of fun, even if you go just to shop or browse. We have been exhibitors every year since it began. Stop by and say hello. We will be at our usual spot in the Gilligan building, Stalls 1 & 2.

We'll also have our 2-time AMHA World Champion Jumper, Iona Excalibur, in the breed Demo on Saturday. along with a World Top Ten Driving horse. Bonnie will be there every day. Gordy will be there Friday afternoon, Saturdy and Sunday. Hope to see you all.

Star Lake Mini tack is always there.

I will be there the entire time, we will have two stalls in Gilligan. I am not sure how much I will be in the booth this year, sounds like I will be a free woman. Two mini breeders from Texas are coming to work the booth for a few days, and I think Ashley Harris as well. :risa8: :risa8: :risa8:

The Muffy Seaton clinic will absolutely apply to minis as there are minis in it. I decided not to do it as it is the same day as the breed demo, but I know at least two mini people will be in it. I will be driving my bad boy Wilson in the breed demo hooked to my new Pacific Smart cart, and he will be wearing a Camptown Freedom Collar as well. We will be demonstrating just driving for the fun of it.

The breed demo will have halter, pleasure driving, trail driving, halter, jumping, and obstacle so it should be a good one. That is Saturday at 1pm.

Anybody who wants to find me, just get my cell number from my website and call me and we can get together. :saludando:

Yes, Christina and I will be there all 4 days :aktion033: :aktion033: - our farm display will be in the Gilligan building and we will be helping out at the aspc/amhr booth and participating in the breed demos - for amha on Saturday and aspc on Friday. For those who have wanted to meet the many times National Champion Teenie Weenie - she will be in the demo and on display. She is such a character - all 28 inches of her.

There is soooooo much to see and do at Equine Affair and if you love equine - well it is something you just don't want to miss.

We plan to have two mare/foal combinations available to rotate out over the 4 days - just haven't decided who yet. Our farm is located just 20 scenic minutes south of the fairgrounds and it is a great time to visit - flowers, foals and fun :aktion033: If you are going to be in the area - you are most welcome to drive down and you can see Starbucks, Lee, Papo and all the other guys in person.

Here is a photo of
rowdy07colt.jpg
one of this years foals a blue eyed buckskin - he could be one who will be making the trip

We're going! We're going!
default_yes.gif
: for the very first time!

Since it's during our son's Spring break we thought it was the perfect year to go.

We plan to drive down on Wednesday, attend on Thursday and Friday, and drive home

to Michigan on Saturday. We have row A box seats for the show on Thursday night.

Less than two weeks away and counting.... :bgrin

Shelley

I will be there on saturday, the 14th. I'd love to meet some of you, but im incredibly shy. I'll try to suck it up and introduce myself. Can you post pictures of yourselves so I know who I am looking for?

Im Megan, I'll probably be wearing jeans and a shirt that says chapel hill stables, and here's a pic of me.

242199021.jpg

wow Getitia! :new_shocked: :new_shocked:
default_smile.png

Look for me in my Lil Beginnings shirt. Friday we're just going for fun, im heading down with a couple of my 'quarter horse/big horse' friends so i dont see us getting to much miniature time in so im planning to go back down Saturday.

Its three hours for me... so six round trip... and if I'm lucky I still only get a half day off on Sunday... I haven't been to an Affaire in four years, since I lived not far from Springfield MA. It would be nice to go... I'll have to see what happens next week.

I can't wait until the Equine Affaire comes to Springfield in November. I've already got the dates written in my date book. :bgrin

i never saw star lake there last year?? but the thing is huge so it would be easy to miss one. leanna ill probably go friday with abby and sat with rusty and kyle. cant wait to see you all!

Yep, she was there, I visit with her there every year. She is tucked away so you have to check your program for her location.

We're going on Saturday! :aktion033: Probably have my farm pullover on and my Lil Beginnings button with our boys on it (if I remember it!
default_wacko.png
: )

I will e there the whole time. Jag will be in two of Muffy's clinics on Friday and in the breed demo on Saturday. Noah will be in the breed demo as well. We have a new cart, it is a wicker gig and jag is learning to drive it, Noah is not trustworthy enough for it yet. Star Lake is there, always is, and shopping with her is very much fun, other vendors do mini stuff but you have to ask them about it. See you there. :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back