Emma update, and a pic at home.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Well poor Emma has been getting stuck for blood everyday. THe other day they actually took it out of her arm, dumb nurse didn't take the blue band off before she pulled out the needle so blood shot everywhere.

Her billi test keep going up so yesterday they sent a light blanket out to the house for her. Her levels are down some today and she has gained back 4 oz. She will continue to "give" blood everyday until they are lower.

I had wonder if race played a part in their levels, like if one had higher known levels than others. The nurse confirmed my thoughts, it appears Latino and Native Americans have high numbers in babies, and well Princess Emma is half Latino so that might explain it.

Anyway, her is a pic of her at home.

48.jpg

AShley, my son Jasons was very very high 30 years ago, he went under Blue Lights for 10 days, when I took him home he was still orange with little raccoon eyes from the blindfolds. They told me to put him in the window in just his diaper so the rays from the son could help.... it did!

Good luck with the baby and get as much rest as you can... all 3 of you!

Lyn

Wow, she is gorgeous! I'm sorry she has had this setback, I'll bet she'll be fine soon. I think she'll need a little "horsie" baby toy to sleep with her when she gets home. Then, before you know it, she'll be saddleing up "her" little mini and going off for a ride!! Enjoy her time while she's a baby, it goes by so fast!

Congratulations!

Joyce

AShley, my son Jasons was very very high 30 years ago, he went under Blue Lights for 10 days, when I took him home he was still orange with little raccoon eyes from the blindfolds. They told me to put him in the window in just his diaper so the rays from the son could help.... it did!Good luck with the baby and get as much rest as you can... all 3 of you!

Lyn

Hi Lyn!

Ayden and Jaxson are excellent by they way - Angela and I are SO in love!!

Okay,

I missed a lot of posts, but I caught myself up..

CONGRATS ASHLEY AND LORI.. I am so excited, scared and full of anticipation for your family.. !! Beautiful baby!!!!

I look forward to photos often!

Ashley she is Beautiful! I agree about putting her in the window so she can get the sun, I have heard it works too...

She has a lighted "blanket" that is taped around her body 24/7 through sunday at the earliest. SHe only has a few feet range she can be moved.

its better then the sunlight.

Plus good luck finding much sun or warmth in MN!

They dont want her off the lights any more then 4 hours a day.

Awww, she is so beautiful!
default_wub.png
She has such long, slender fingers! Like Lyn said, the same was told to my daughter with her last one...he was yellow for quite some time...really yellow! So she also laid him in the window or say him in his chair in the window, and it definately helped BIG time!

Ashley,

What a beautiful little girl - she will be well worth all the extra effort! It is going to be so much fun having a new precious forum baby!

Keep the updates and pictures coming - hey, won't be long and little Emma will be looking for her first mini!!

Congtratulations on a beautiful little doll! what fun to have and hold! Happy Easter Emma! Lavonne

Congratulations, Ashley and Lori!

And Emma, I am honored to meet you!

(I've been gone the past four days, so I am just now seeing her photos and your announcements. What an absolutely exquisite little girl!

I love the photo of Emma and her big brother. Those will be very important in the future during big brother/little sister arguments, and truly a moment to be cherished.

Ashley- 6 years ago the day we were supposed to come home Noah became Jaundice. After an extra 3 days in the hospital I asked if we could get sent home with the "light", he was a glow worm for halloween. We had a big picture window in our living room with an outlet right next to it, so he would have his "light" on 24/7 and get the sunlight, he was good to go 4 days later. If you can do that I suggest you do. He was in the basinet with it on. I do have a picture of Cassidy holding him that night with the light around his body. She'll be fine. She's adorable. If I can find the picture, I'll edit this and post it.

Christy

THe princess is off lights for now. She gets a days break from being poked but has to go in Monday for a check up.

Oh the doctor bills are starting to roll in............

HEr poor feet have so many holes in them I am afraid to even touch them to put socks on.

IS it weird I like to change diapers?

Latest posts

Back