Ella and tarps

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
Was moving around a big grey and blue tarp the other day in one of the pastures.

Dyfra remembered her tarp training and had to come over to stant over the top of it and play. Ella (my mini Jenny) has never been tarped trained and can be shy about new things. Ella wasn't sure about it at first.

But when she saw Dyfra playing with it (Dyfra's her pet) then she was going to also.

Was funny to watch.. she pawed,, bucked, spun around, looking happy as a cat.

When they were done I hung it over the round pen.

When I just ride in the two acre pasture, I put Dustenai and Ella in the round pen.

The tarp is over one part. Ella gets really flamboyant if I pay any attention to anyone else but her. So she stomps over to the tarp grabs it with her teeth.. and starts shaking it like a dog with a sock!! OMG... it was sooo funny. Then she peeks around the corner to see if I am watching. If I pretend I am not, she will do it again.

She has also figured out Dustenai was not tarped trained and geefully likes to try to make her spook. Ella would shake the tarp and then look at Dustenai to see what kind of reaction she was getting.

Smart little creature!!

I love when animals train themselves. Pretty soon Ella will have Dustenai used to tarps!

Will try to get a picture of it today.

Latest posts

Back