Electric pressure cookers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickie gee

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one? I don't have my old pressure cooker anymore and just last week I saw that the kitchen store inside the family owned hardware store where I love to shop has some electric ones on clearance for $75. I was wondering if this is a good price and if other people are pleased with the electric ones. Anyone?

I bought one this summer. Works fine, easy to use. Have only used to cook but, don't like fact that you need more liquids than I often want in a dish or recipe. That said, mine has options that make it a nice feature -- esp when summer and heat is an issue -- it will cook quickly, steams, has a sauté setting, etc. Main reason I bought was to use as a canner for small amounts. Only self & mom here to feed, smaller garden, etc. It seemed like a decent idea. Got mine for $75 + S/H that was outrageous LOL. But, still at $107. total....which was a "special" price on some site for unit that is normally $125 +s/h.

You can adjust pressure when canning, etc. Gives options for canning produce and meats with that feature. Cooks quickly, so if that is a consideration for daily use, it works!

Looking forward to canning with it as I got it late and none to do then. Considering canning "something" to try it -- maybe some apples, etc. I have the Power Cooker pro. Most are very similar in side and settings.

Thanks Bess. I think that I will call the store and ask what brand this one is. Sounds like something I may be interested in.

I just bought one for cooking. Pete uses the old fashioned kind for canning. Only used once so far, but as I get more comfortable with it I am sure we will use it more.

Latest posts

Back