Dry, chapped hands

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janet_D.

Reaction score
I just noticed today my hands are very dry with peeling, flaky skin. There are so many lotions, creams, etc. available at the store. Does anyone have some tried and true favorites that are really effective? Thank you. Janet

Over in the Pharmacy section in Wal Mart they have some Dr Scholls lotions that are good, there is also one in a white squeeze bottle , cant recall the name, that is also good. What I do when working in the barn and wearing leather gloves is slather my hands w/lotion, maybe the hoof flex, then the gloves, really works well. Or, I will use that wax bath at night, but put lotion on first, then the wax dip.

I found alotion by total accident that is amazing!!! My skin feels so nice and it actually makes my skin look and feel younger. Alos helps heal scratches and scars.

St. Ives Collagen Elastin

Amazing stuff!!!

l've been using the Calgon intense moisture foot cream for a few years now and l swear by it. lt's not greasy and soaks right into the skin l like the one with shea butter. l'm always out doing some kind of work and washing my hands and if it wasn't for that stuff l'd just be big cracks all over. An old horse trainer from the track told me about that years ago he said if it can make hard feet soft don't you think it would do wonders for your hands..
biggrin.gif

The one to stay away from is Corn Huskers. It has alcohol in it and will actually dry your hands more!

Badger balm feels good, smells good, but it is a little slimey.

What you need to do is put any kind of lotion on your hands at night, then put gloves on them over night. Does wonders.

My husband uses A&D ointment with gloves at night.

I can't stand the feel of the stuff myself but it works for him.

Pepipony said:
there is also one in a white squeeze bottle , cant recall the name, that is also good. 
494369[/snapback]

Sounds like "Udderly Smooth" udder cream; greaseless, stainless. Comes in a white squeeze bottle or white jar with black spots on it (looks like a holstein, I think).

It's great lotion; I have a bottle on my desk and my MIL uses it all the time (she swears by it for her hands when she's working in the greenhouse - goes through tons of it when she's seeding).

Nutragena Hand Cream

comes in a small , squeeze bottle. It is kinda thick but does wonders.
yes.gif

Robin

Latest posts

Back