Dream's New Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am too scared to try and see if she settles down with the other mares, especially since the other mares aren't mine. If they were mine then I would try it again. After I wean the baby I will try again with her and Crystal, as she seemed to like her the last time they were out.

I am going out today, so I will get tummy shots of Dream and vulva/udder.
default_smile.png

Hey everyone! Got some pictures and a short video. Don't mind Dreams tummy - I tried to shave it and the clippers were being a pain!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

She is getting very close, udder looks good and baby seems to have dropped. Not long now!!

It has been a very tough week here at the farm. Two horses have passed away. Kelsey's stallion checkers who was 17 died of kidney failure and had to be uthanized on Wednesday. And then on Thursday checkers 4 year old son died of a hair ball. When they did a necropsy they found out that his intestinse had twisted and they were already dead. That same day boots had her foal. This was checkers last foal and she had a sorrel tovero colt. Absolutely gorgeous. Kelsey is still deciding on what she is going to do. She is going through so much right now. I can't imagine loosing two horses in just two days apart from each other. They have a mare there called princess and they bred her to Sam (the 4 year old) and she hasn't come back in yet and she is now 33 days. We are praying that she is infoal to him. That would be his only foal. Such a young stallion to die so soon.

Blue - the blue roan mare - had her foal also and she had a bay and white pinto filly. I have pictures of her and I will share but I'm going to wait and let Kelsey share the new colt before I show you guys.

Dream has made huge progress. She is due in less then 2 weeks. Already 324 days today. She is definently going to go over her due date like last year. Still is no where near ready. But she is getting close. I have pictures of her as well.

We also have rain left who is a sorrel tovero infoal to a black splash overo and a TINY bay mare who is infoal to a black pinto. She should have never been bred, she is that tiny. This is her first foal and we are very worries about her.

Will post pictures of dream and the new filly in the next post.

I'm so sorry to read about Kelsey's losses, please pass my sympathies on to her.

Looking forward to the pictures when you can post them.

Sorry for the losses.

Looking forward to the pictures of the 3 new mares to foal!

Thank you very much for your condolences.

Here are the pictures of Dream. I will try and get new pictures of the two foals.

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Hey everyone! I was out today and boy is dreams bag huge! Huge change in the last two days!

This was Saturday:

image.jpg

And this was today:

image.jpg

Here are the new pics of the foals. Rain also had her foal and its a palomino tovero colt. Dream is infoal to the same stallion, Rio. He produced a Medicine Hat palomino overo last time with Dream so we will see what this one will bring us.

Boots colt with checkers whos no longer with us:

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Blues filly Ellie:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Rains new colt:

All just beautiful!!!!!!!

How is Dream today! That udder was really taking shape!!

New picture if you can please!

Thank you! Kelsey is thrilled.
default_smile.png

Dream is doing well today! I was out to shave her and got only one pic of her udder today. She looks like she could go next week. Kelsey won't be there to help foal her out so my mom and I will be out there along with Jonathan to help foal her out. I'm prepared to sleep over if we think she is ready. Will get more pics of her on the weekend. Next to shave is Crystal, and boy does she need it!

Kelsey's smallest mare there, calamity Jane, had her foal last night. A TINY bay filly. Identical to mom. They are the cutest and sweetest pair ever.

Dreams udder:

image.jpg

CJ's foal:

The new babies are all beautiful! Dream certainly looks very close, so yes, I think you will need to be sitting right there with her next week if she hasn't foaled before then.

Good luck!
default_yes.gif

aww the new babies are gorgeous! love that little bay pinto filly! she is adorable!

won't be long before Dream pops her little one out
default_smile.png

Thank you everyone! They are so cute!

Shaved Dream and took some shots. Don't mind her messy shave. Wasn't trying to be perfect. And don't mind her, she gets super thin right before foaling. She doesn't carry very well.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

She looks good!! Some good rolling will be baby in position, and her udder looks great! Won't be long now.

That's a heartbreak about the loss of the two horses...
default_bye-sad.gif
I hope the new babies fill the void! The babies are adorable!
default_488.gif

Latest posts

Back