Dream's New Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone!

So I have pictures of the new mares who are infoal that I mentioned earlier. Now I can't promise that we will see there foals because they are for sale and might leave before they foal here, but hopefully we will get to see some. Now these pictures were taken just after they came here and they need some TLC.

Here they are!

157012_442794695798125_1098724509_n.jpg

179013_442794392464822_356376263_n.jpg

228228_442790605798534_389853796_n.jpg

261358_442790669131861_1764069507_n.jpg

269318_442786809132247_486298862_n.jpg

479955_442794459131482_1957008283_n.jpg

535792_442794575798137_1394104186_n.jpg

521465_442786802465581_381956721_n.jpg

578171_442788809132047_81598809_n.jpg

I'm sure Kelsey will do the right thing. She will stay at the farm until she sells but since she is so close to foaling I'm sure Kelsey will pull her from the sales list until after she foals. All look very close to foaling. I fell in love with the blue roan but she isn't papered unfortunately.
default_sad.png
can't wait to see all there foals! All are bred to a very nice pinto. She is 30-31 inches. Super tiny and the stallion is 29-30 inches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some nice looking mares there! How long have they been with you? I agree with Diane, it looks as though most of them are pretty close to foaling and any transporting to new homes could cause them (and their babies) problems. Like dogs (and and humans - dont know about other 'animals') transporting horses within 4 to 6 weeks of their due dates can cause a sudden early delivery of a foal.

Hoping for some great pics of your girls over the next couple of weeks - you did say that you have two weeks off over Easter to go visit regularly didn't you or am I mistaken?

They have been with Kelsey for a couple of days. She got them Monday I think. I am sure she will keep them at the farm till they foal.
default_smile.png
they are all very nice, haven't seen them yet, about to go out to see them in a few minutes. Yes I am off for 2 weeks, but my mother is flying to Florida and is taking my camera till Friday, so the pictures I will be taking are on my iPhone. I will also get a video today for u guys to see!

Quick question, are we aloud to post videos of our horses on our page? I would love to show u guys how spunky my girls can be! But I'm pretty sure you guys know from the pictures i share. ;)

Yes, videos allowed here in your own post - cant wait to see them. Dont worry about only having your phone - I dont even have a camera so everything I post is a picture taken on my phone!
default_yes.gif

Yay! I'm excited to share them! These two are of crystal only, wasn't able to get a video of dream but Monday I will be able to! Dream is starting to bag up, she is streaming milk but Kelsey said its only because she had a foal last year and its just left over. Prior to last year, dream was all dried up because she hasn't had a foal for a couple of years. Test strips say she is at the 7.2 mark. She was bred a couple times during the end of April beginning of may so she could have caught earlier then we had expected.

Anyways here are the videos!

trim.0zLVta.MOV

Attachments

• trim.0zLVta.MOV
    6.3 MB · Views: 53
Got some more videos! Sorry for the delay, was in the car on our way home and my stupid phone wasn't cooperating. LOL! I had to divide these up so hopefully I got all of it.
default_smile.png

Number 1: IMG_1580 (1).MOV

Number 2: IMG_1580 (2).MOV

So these were the only two it would let me upload, apparently they are too big of a file to upload the rest.

Attachments

• IMG_1580 (1).MOV
    4.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1580 (2).MOV
    3 MB · Views: 53
No worries! I will explain.
default_smile.png

Dreams udder is bulgy, teets are pointed down, but the bag itself isn't hard. It's jiggily but its definitely starting to get hard. I can squeeze her udders and milk will stream out. It's not sticky enough to where we think she will foal, but it's getting sticky. She is definitely looking V shaped. Her butt needs to be more soft, and her tail can bend all the way back but she is still able to tense up.

Sorry but we need to see full on sideways pictures with you down at her level (on your knees!) and pointing the camera directly at her tummy, but including the whole horse if you understand me? LOL!!

It is a good picture of her udder but you are too far in front of her for us to see the tummy pics properly. Please try again as she does look as though she is getting quite close.

Was it Dream that you said can be a bit 'funny' if turned out with other horses so she usually only goes out when you are there visiting? If so, now that you have some free time, will you be able to get her out more as exercise is so important in late pregnancy, not just for the mare but also for the positioning of the foal. Dream needs 'long term' ambling about grazing rather than too many shorter term glloping sessions.
default_yes.gif

Have any of the other mares had their babies yet? Would love to see the pictures if they have ....... please!

Hello! Yes I will do a better job next time! Yes Dream does not do well with others. I have been out a couple times this week and went out today and have walked her in trail the times I've been out. My friend and I took her out on trail and we walked a lot. I understand she needs a lot of excercise, I have been out to do it this week and will again next week, and of course when I can in the next couple of weeks. No new babies born yet. Two mares due this month and looks like they can go any day now. Will get some more pictures of them too. I do have new udder pics though!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Dont forget to let her have a roll when you take her out, or make sure she can be turned out somewhere to have the opportunity to roll if she needs to - apart from plenty of exercise, the chance to have good roll is important to help position the baby ready for its birth.
default_yes.gif

From the look of her udder she is progressing nicely and I dont think it will be too long before you get your little baby. Once she foals, will she be able to get out regularly - so important for baby to have plenty of space to race around in on a daily basis!

I try my best to get out there as much as possible. School and living 30 minutes aways isn't helping lol. Dream is getting enough excercise, I have been out regularly this week/weekend and plan to do so next weekend. With my mom working and me in school full time it is very difficult to get out there. I have to rely on my grandmother and she can only handle so much.

Dream is very aggressive towards other mares. We have tried to turn her out with other mares and she just dominates them. If there are a group of mares turned out together she will go over there and cause a fight - she will try and pin them to the ground and will not let them get back up. She was only nice to my other mare crystal, but that was because she got clingy to any mare that was next to her while she was pregnant, and even then she still had her bouts. I worry for the safety of the other horses, as Dream is 37" and is the biggest mare on the property and would do the most damage to the other horses. She is especially aggressive towards other mares when she has a foal by her side. Dream was in an abusive home before I got her, it has take me all of last year to try and earn her trust, we found out later that year that she isnt good with other minis. We just feel better not having her out with anyone, for the safety of her and the other mares.

her udder looks good, won't be long before she has her little baby running around beside her!

I agree 100% with the girls, its so important for them to get the max amount of excercise... I'm sure you are doing everything you can for her. and she will reward you shortly with a lovely little baby... it's a pity she can't go in with other mares... I hate seeing any horse in a paddock by themselves
default_sad.png
they are herd animals and I know my little herd aren't happy if they can't be in with or see the others...

can't wait to hear your happy news
default_smile.png

Herd dynamics can really be something! She's obviously an alpha mare -- too bad she's the tallest one out there. I have one like that, and she's the tallest mare also, but once the "fights" for dominance were over -- which of course she won and let everyone know SHE was the lead mare -- she now does just fine with the others. The only thing I had to do was add a second pasture feeder, so if she's in a bossy mood, the others can go eat apart from her. So funny to see one mare at a trough, and everyone else at the other.

Can't wait to see this little one!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back