Dream's New Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant pictures - lovely to see them racing about and having fun!!

Thanks you guys!

Here are some more pictures that I took yesterday.
default_smile.png

DSCN3884.JPG

DSCN3872.JPG

DSCN3873.JPG

DSCN3875.JPG

DSCN3876.JPG

DSCN3877.JPG

DSCN3878.JPG

DSCN3879.JPG

DSCN3880.JPG

DSCN3882.JPG

Haha! Thanks, she is a lot less hairier this year then she was last year, but she sure is still hairy!

We have been talking about getting two more mares this year for next years breeding season, and I think I have found those two girls! Both black and white pintos! I have a feeling one is homozygous for both the pinto gene and the black gene. Will share more once I find out if we are able to get them!

Hello Everyone!

Been a while since I have said hi to you guys. Dream is 284 days today, so I think that is just about 9 months. We are trying to get the cameras up so hopefully you guys will be able to watch Dream foal, and the other mares due this year at the farm, which is I think about 3 of them. I will let you guys know if and when we get the cameras up, first two mares are due this month and then Dream and the other one are due in a month or two. I am going to see them tomorrow so I will make sure to take some pictures! Last time I went to see them I was grooming Dream and boy did I feel that baby kick and squirm and wiggle! He/she was having a blast LOL!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
default_smile.png

Good to hear from you again - really looking forward to the pics of your beautiful girls.
default_yes.gif

Hello Guys!

Unfortunetaly I wasn't able to get any pictures yesterday, we went out but just as we got there it was feeding time and Dream nor Crystal didn't want to leave there food and I didn't want to force them. Even if I did they wouldn't be spunky since they would be wanting to get back to there food. We will be going to see them this coming saturday so I will definitely be able to get pictures then! Again really sorry for the disappointment, I was looking forward to taking pictures too.
default_sad.png
Other sad news is, that we wont be able to get the cameras up. Apparently they need there own wifi signal and even if we did that, we would need to buy completely new cameras as the ones Vandy's has aren't wifi compatable.
default_sad.png
I don't think the cameras are cheap so unfortunetaly we can't do it this year. I would spend my money on getting new cameras for the farm but we are really tight financialy.

The good news is Dream and Crystal are doing fine. Dream is getting bigger and bigger! Crystal is just a fatty and we are waiting for her to cycle so I can culture her and see whats up with her. This is her third year in california but her second breeding season with us, so last year she came in only twice and it was in the middle of June and she didn't catch, so we think she will come in season around April/May and we will be culturing her and then breeding her on that cycle if all is well with her. I don't know if the problem is that she is getting used to California's weather and that's why she didn't catch last year or if something inside her is wrong, so we will see soon! She is a very pretty mare and the stallion she will be crossed with is only 30" and is a minimal black splash overo. He is super cute and boy can he move! I would love to get her color tested to see what she carries, along with Dream, but again it costs money LOL!

I have heard about the nail test, now I understand that you never know if its a colt/filly until it is born but people do the nail test and I have heard sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Have you guys had any luck with them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Better luck with the pics next weekend - we will wait!

We always use the nail/ring test just for the fun of it - and it has always been right, circle for filly, straight back and forth for a colt, and totally still for not pregnant!! Try giving it a go next time you visit.
default_yes.gif

Wow, look at her move! Both of your girls are soooo super cute in their winter woolies! Never realized that they hair up that much there too (silly me, I kno better).

Waiting on my own foals, getting anxious now and can't wait to see yours... Are you going to put up pictures of the other mares on the farm or just your own girls?

She sure looks like she loves these outings!!!
They Both love to go out!!

Is she is always this happy to go out or does she only go out when you go to visit? She sure is a cutie.
They get out when I am not there, Vandy's has a routine for the horses. The only one that does not get to go out unless I am there is Dream because she is a HUGE alpha. The other mares will be across the arena and she goes and attacks them. She is only close to Crystal but that's because when she is pregnant, she gets attached to whoever is next to her, and even then she is still a begger. But Crystal is not alpha, she gets along with anyone, even the Donkeys. I don't think they got out last week except on Tuesday, so they were very anxious to get out. Crystal is more spunky then Dream because she is not pregnant. All Dream wants to do is eat grass and weeds, which I do not allow her because I don't think the weeds are very good for her, at least not the ones out in the arena. I have been working with Crystal a lot, because if I am not there for a long period of time, she gets super depressed, so I have been trying to go every week at least once. I was shocked yesterday because I had tied her up to go tease another mare and she just stood there all perfect. No pawing or pacing. I was so happy!

Another set of wonderful pictures!
default_thumbup.gif

I love seeing them having such fun - do they ever stop chasing around? LOL!!
LOL they run and run and run! Love to run!

Wow, look at her move! Both of your girls are soooo super cute in their winter woolies! Never realized that they hair up that much there too (silly me, I kno better).

Waiting on my own foals, getting anxious now and can't wait to see yours... Are you going to put up pictures of the other mares on the farm or just your own girls?
Thank you! Crystal was WAY harrier last year! She came from North Dakota or south, cant remember. Dream came from Walnut Creek Farm, so they both know the snow and how cold it gets! I can't wait to clip them, although they are very cute all in there winter woollies, I like them clipped better.

I am asking my friend who owns them, just to make sure, and if she says yes then I will post them and who they are bred too. We only have four mares to foal out this year.

Butter is a solid buckskin who is bred to a black splash overo.

Rain is a sorrel tobiano who is bred to a black splash overo.

Boots is a sorrel splash overo who is bred to a sorrel splash overo

Dream is my girl, a sorrel frame overo who is bred to a black splash overo.

For next year:

Bonnie - a bay tovero who is bred to a black splash overo

Sensation - a sorrel frame overo who is going to be bred to a black splash overo

Makarra - a black frame overo who is going to be bred to a black splash overo

Delilah - a black splash overo who is going to be bred to a black splash overo

Princess - a sorrel tobiano who is going to be bred to a buckskin splash overo

Feather - a sorrel frame overo who is going to be bred to a black splash overo

Yes it will be Diane!!

Kelsey gave the OK on showing you guys the rest of the crew! AND one of the mares just foaled today!!!! A silver buckskin colt with green/blue eyes and a blaze!!!! HE is so cute! Will mature small B sized 34-35!!

Here are the mares due:

600426_319360601474869_276390469_n.jpg

600637_319360538141542_1942781066_n.jpg

The colt in this picture is also from the Stallion shown

580776_340475286030067_1169744003_n.jpg

550903_319360574808205_1811260308_n.jpg

And here is Butter and her new colt!!

269314_440566559354272_1485361096_n.jpg181049_440566439354284_737960081_n.jpg

3464_440566546020940_1587639280_n.jpg

386473_440566492687612_1738429472_n.jpg

And we have one more mare due, her name is Wishes and she is about 7 months pregnant. She is a sabino overo and the sire is a Homozygoues black tobiano. She is about 31-32" and Brighton the sire is about 29-30". All of the horses listed, besides Dream is loved and owned by Vandy's miniature horses. Kelsey Webber is the owner of all of them.

487683_440566706020924_726131662_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone!

I have some exciting news to share! Dream is 300 days today! She is getting really round, we are keeping and eye on her. She went 6 days after she was due, but I know that every breeding is different. We also have 6 mares infoal that Kelsey bought from an auction. They all came from New Jersey. there are 6 mares infoal and due this year and a filly. All are for sale, and they are so cute! There is a blue roan, absolutely gorgeous, 29-30" but unfortunately she isn't papered.
default_sad.png
There is a amha/amhr registered bay roan mare, an amha/amhr solid bay mare, an amha/amhr sorrel sabino tobiano mare, and the last one is a really TINY 29" double registered solid bay mare, who we were hoping wasn't infoal but Kelsey saw the baby kicking up a storm yesterday. She has tons of well known horses in her lineage. All are infoal to a 29" Homozygous black/white tobiano. Very excited to see Dreams foal and the rest of the horses. Boots and Rain (horses listed in previous post) haven't foaled yet, so we are waiting on them too.

Hoping to get pictures on Saturday. Easter on Sunday and then 2 weeks off for spring break, so expect lots of pictures in the next two weeks!! Hope everyone has a great Easter!

Latest posts

Back