Dreamers post surgery/impaction update #3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always good to see your Mommy and Daddy. She just needed to know you are still there. So glad you will go see her tomorrow. I know that will keep her spirits up. Hopefully having some grass will give her that uummph to want to get out there and have some more. Seeing that there is still an outside, grass and fresh air. Keep fighting and healing sweet Dreamer. Prayers still coming your way.

God bless little girl,

Mary

I just got off the phone with the surgeon!!! "He" has Dreamer outside as I type exercising her and she wants to graze!!!! He said she has "THAT" spark back in her eyes!!!! She "does not" want to be in her stall. He said after we left she got up and started to whinney out her gate!!!!
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
He let her out and she took the same path we did as we left. He said it took a while to get there but she was determined to get there! They went out to the parking lot and she called for us
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
...Thats when she noticed the grass! HUMMMMMMMMM looks tasty she eventually got to the grass and munched!Art and I are sitting here crying like a couple of fools. I know that we are grasping at straws here, but that is all we have at the monment. We are trying not be be overly optimistic, to get let down, but we are so excited for her!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_488.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_luck.gif
.Theresa and Art

I just LOVE wonderful news like this!!!!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Has she passed anything yet? The fresh grass will certainly help with good gut movements....

I've hardly been out of the groom room the last week or so but I try to check here on Dreamer and I'm so glad to hear she is feeling better from the impaction. Her incision area looks great!

I hope she can get out on grass often. I swear, green grass is a miracle cure!

Dreamer is still in prayers here.
default_yes.gif

Charlotte

I am at work so I can not go into detail...Surgeon just called, she is "probably" coming home Sat/Sun!!!!!!!! Thank you God and all the "Angels" who prayed for her...I will update on the phone call when I get home!!!

default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
:love :love :love

As I said earlier - BRILLIANT JUST BRILLIANT
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Lets hope that this time she makes it! My admiration for you two knows no bounds. You have set a fantastic example to all of us with your dedication and love for your little Dreamer.

Thank you both for letting us share in this long struggle, although at times we have all suffered near heart failure at some of the postings.

Many tears have been shed along the way by many people, most of whom will never get to meet you and Dreamer, but the prayers and love combined with that coming from you two, have produced what must be called a miracle.

Just a few more steps in the right direction little Dreamer, and you will be home!

Anna

default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

GREAT news. With this trend she should be home soon.

When I used to have chickens, I would grow fresh grass for them in the winter by wetting a bale of straw or heavily seed headed grass, placing it in heavy sunlight. Within a few days it was sprouting and within a week or two they had a huge "hill" of fresh grass.
default_wink.png
You may have some old hay, old straw that you could do this with and produce enough for a couple handfuls at each feeding. Even putting it out in the cold will work if you cover it with clear plastic, place in sunlight. The heat will keep it growing like a tiny greenhouse. Just a thought.

Thank you God cant wait to hear the full report but just the little blip is encouraging. Yay!!!!!!!

We are ABSOLUTELY thrilled to hear this GREAT news
default_aktion033.gif

We are continuing to pray for you all!

Best,

Lee & Cory & all of the "Gang" at Lovepatch

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Allright Dreamer!!!! This is absolutely the best news, I am weeping tears of joy and relief for you and your girl. Its been a long struggle for all of you but you never gave up.
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Come on home Dreamer!!!! Get that trailer hooked up!!! She is ready to get outa that hospital. I hope she has had a good green +*"#*! and feelin her oats. It will be a wonderful day when she steps off that trailer in her own yard. Can't wait till she is being loaded up and on her way. Oh, my and God will be glad to have there buddy back where she belongs.

God keep blessing this special little horse,

Mary

Can't wait for the full update, but you made not only my day, but Dawn's too. Oh happy day! Come on Dreamer - you'll soon be home where you belong, where you can lay your head in your "mom's" lap and sleep like a baby. Prayers continuing that her improvement continues. Hugs to you all!

Barbie & Dawn

Great news! I've been reading about poor Dreamer and she's in my thoughts and prayers. What a special girl to keep on going. *Hugs* to all of you.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
We just can't say that enough! I am home so here is the lastest... Surgeon called me at work, said she flat refuses to go into her stall! She wants outside, still don't want any food just grass. He IS hesitant on sending her home since she has not eaten, but thinks she will after she gets home. He was sending someone to the feed store to get bran mash as we were talking, he gave the woman the "List" This is what he told her: Bran mash, kayro syrup, carrots, animal crackers, I don't care if the feed store don't have carrots or animal crackers, go to Wal-Mart and get some!!
default_biggrin.png
He has really taken a liking to her. He is also concerned that she still has a nose bleed. He thinks it is a combination of all the drugs she has been on. He don't think it is from the tubing, if it was it should have stopped by now. When we were there a few days ago it was pretty bad (her left nostril only). But he said now it is a occational drip, but to watch it. If it is still dripping by Sat/Sun he will scope her, he just hates to because of all that she has been thru. She was out side ALL Day! She would not come in. So they built her a corral of sorts with panels that was 1/2 on the grass and 1/2 off the grass. As trucks would pull into their parking lot she look
default_new_shocked.gif
and give a little nicker, she is looking for us!!!! He said as far as they know she never laid down. Bless her heart! He also said that she did not come in till 10:15pm last night. She wanted to stay out so they let her! And alaso she is getting around remarkably on her hip! It may take her some time to get there, but she does get there! We are just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for her to be doing so well! This horse has a will that I have never seen before. She has lost quite a bit of weight, (she was quite plump because of the foal) but he said that it was good, it would help her to move her hip better. Tomorrow I am going to take a towel with us that I am going to rub all over the other mares so she can smell them and know they are waiting for her to come home! (Thanks for the idea Marilyn, my friend from Florida!) She already has my tee shirt hanging on her hay rack. Thank you to ALL Dreamers "ANGELS" who prayed, supported and gave to her. We will never be able to repay everyone, ALL your strengths gave US the strength to help her on her way back to us, HOME Where she Belongs..... Theresa and Art

Theresa and Art, thre is no need to repay any of us, those who gave I am sure

All gave from the Heart, Just helping in some small way and being a part of her getting better is enough.

Following her progress and getting updates is pleasure enough for me.

I wish I could have given more but being retired and having my own horse's I gave what I could.

Your Thanks is all I need.

Love and Hugs

Jan

Theresa-

Words can not say how happy I am for all of you. Soon Dreamer will be home where she belongs. I hope you and I can continue to talk as she progresses. I am just thrilled. I certainly need no "repayment" as Dreamer being home and you and Art being able to rest easy is all I need. What a trooper she is and she'll continue to get around better each and every day, especially as she gets more nutrition. One of hte things I was told with Dawn is to never let her get heavy. When I was talking to the surgeon about breeding her, she said that is fine, just monitor her weight and don't let her get too heavy too fast.

Can't wait to hear your update tomorrow when you get back from your visit. Bet you can hardly stand the wait. Get some rest (and you better eat too).

Barbie & Dawn

WEll this just made my day too, been hoping and praying, sounds good!!!
default_aktion033.gif

WHAAAAA----------HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! You go Dreamer! I knew you could do it!!!! I cannot wait to hear that you are home safe and sound with all your loved ones!!! This is WONDERFUL news!

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
I knew you could do it girl!!!

Theresa and Art - you are such wonderful people and I admire your strength and determination to help your mare get well. BIGGEST HUGS TO BOTH OF YOU!!!

Latest posts

Back