Dreamers post surgery/impaction update #3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww...dear sweet little Dreamer......

I have prayers continuing and am sending them up with all my might for Dreamer to start coming around. On a good note....I noticed that her incision looked much better than the first day. It looks to be healing well and closing, and dry. You have a special bond with this little mare, Theresa...the pictures and video showed that. Thank you for sharing with all of us. There's a lot of people rallying behind you and hoping and praying that this story has a happy ending.

I have been very busy at work just popped in because I have not check on Dreamer since last Monday. I am so sorry to here about Dreamer and her impaction.

Please Lord take this little girl into your arms and comfort her. She has been through a lot and has not given up so Lord give her streagth to get through this there are so many that love this little girl and we would love to keep her here with us Dear Lord we ask that you make her strong and give her the spirit to fight.

AMEN

So glad we got to see Dreamer and you both.

You guys have soooooooooooo much LOVE for her and it shows...

I am sending prayers that Dreamer will pass all the impaction and start recovering. I thought her incision looked good, long but good...

(((HUGS))) to you and Art...Keep the faith, there are so many pulling for Dreamer, she has to come on thru this...

Missy

Oh God please help this little horse to get through this, she has been through so much and help her family stay strong. Prayers being sent your way for Dreamer.

Theresa, don't feel that you need to remove the video. It is a testiment to the bond you have with Dreamer.

So many of us have been in frighteningly serious situations. We understand....

All of our messages on the forum, with our trials, tribulations, joys and successes with these horses show our dedication to these animals in good times AND in bad.

Your love and total dedication to Dreamer is admirable.

A little while back there was a post about how frightening and sad that there were so many foalings with not good outcomes, and it was mentioned that these sad postings were actually few in the total horse breeding world.

It may be true, we, the forum are only a few in the total horse owning/breeding world... but people, especially NEWBIES need to see that there is SOOOOO MUCH MORE to owning a mini or any animal for that matter. It is so much more than throwing hay in a stall twice a day and putting a stallion in with a mare and making babies. It is NOT always easy or fun for while there is much joy, there can be extreme sadness and pain too. We live in a sadly "DISPOSABLE " society, and these posts show that our forum members do NOT feel that way!

It takes love, dedication 24 hours a day in good times and in bad. There is no staying warm and cozy in the house during a blizzard when you have horses or animals out there in the terrible weather that need us to feed, water ,hay, warm them or foal them out.

My Mom used to say "There is no such thing as being only a fair weather cowboy" and out we would go to care for the horses.

THIS TAKES TOTAL COMMITMENT by us humans. We owe these animals. We are the ones that choose to breed them, possibly risking their lives at times. We purchase animals that ask for nothing and are willing to accept very little, but we owe them more than only a little, we owe them as good and happy a life as we can possibly give them.

It takes giving so much of yourself and giving up things that you want and need in order to make ends meet for the horses.

Well, golly where was I going when I started this tirade?

I just wanted to say that we your forum family,understand that being a breeder or horse/or pet owner is not always fun and easy, and while sometimes news makes us sad, that we are willing to share the good and the bad with you. And that its good for newbies to see how MUCH dedication it takes to do what we... what YOU are doing.

I pray for a good outcome for Dreamer every day. I believe that things will have a good ending in this, whichever way things go, I would say that you have done your duty by Dreamer and have tried as hard as any one possibly could.

Thank you for sharing this difficult time with us. We all stand by your side. I wish I was closer to help.

Robin
Well said Robin. That covered everything I was thinking too. When I was posting about my mare my husband asked me "why?" and I said it is my duty as a forum member to share the ups and downs so we (new and old) can learn from each other and know others care and have been there too. And because it just helps to share the pain and worry.

I am saddened to check in and find poor little Dreamer, who I had thought over the worst of her struggle, is forced to deal with one more thing. I think of her (and you) every day. Hang in there Dreamer and family. The warm days of summer are waiting for you and all will be right with the world when you can stretch out with a sigh and soak in that healing warmth.

I just watched the video and it is beautiful. Thanks for leaving it in. It is a shame that you are not closer for both of you!! Having spent way too much time in the hospital myself, I'm thinking that she may have that hopeless "hospitalitis" thing going. Too much noise, too much interruptions, too much different from home, and too many people. That may be what you are seeing in her eyes. It was so lovely to see you interacting with her. I hope things are going better for her now, as I type this. I really look forward to some pictures taken this summer; Dreamer happily snoozing out in the field.
default_yes.gif
(And, btw, her incision looks GREAT)

Prayers and good wishes go to the three of you from my little corner of Washington state.

HANG IN THERE - its always hardest before they start seeing the daylight. IF the vet is still optimistic, then you should be too! It's hard to put your emotions aside when visiting - but put on your happy cheery face and keep going forward.

prayers and thoughts going your way!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Theresa-

I am so glad you didn't remove the video. When I said it made me sad - I guess I should have worded it differently. For me, it brings back a lot of memories from 3 years ago. I was fortunate and able to go see Dawn every day, but I don't think there ever was a day I walked away that I didn't have tears in my eyes. I knew she was getting excellent care - everyone loved her - her mom was there, but it was so hard to look at her in her little 4' x 4' square in mom's stall. I remember walking the aisle while she was in surgery, telling myself that the longer she was in there, the better it was as it meant they were fixing her. Looking at her when she was carried out and seeing that drain and all the bandage - it was scarey. I remember being told the surgery didn't hold because her bones were so soft - thank God the bones fused just great. When she came home we had 4 months of confining her in a corner of her mom's stall. As she got better, I made a 4' x 4' pen outside so she could get some sun. About a year ago I took her up for one last ultrasound, just to make sure everything is ok - and YAY it is. And now, as of a week ago, she has been bred - now I wait to ultrasound her. I'll probably take her back to Surgicare for that as I want to make sure everything looks good.

Your Dreamer looks like she has healed well as far as her incision - now we ALL need her insides to heal. I so hope she is doing better today as a result of your visits. It's so hard when they are sick and aren't where you can give them that constant love.

Take care - I would love to talk to you.

Barbie

Dreamer, Art, and Theresa, We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Wish there was something we could do for you... The incision looks like it is healing well, we are amazed from the first pictures to this. Sorry she is struggling again. This brings back memories of visiting my mare at the university hospital, when she had complications. The worst case scenario and hard decisons cross the mind, even if briefly, when I saw my mare struggling. For what it is worth, I think you are not only extremely loving and compassionate, but very courageous to see her through something so difficult, courageous just like your little horse... Come on Dreamer! People all over are rooting for you! Hugs and prayers, Becky

Ditto Robin and all. Watching the video I felt like I could reach right through the screen and wrap my arms around Theresa and Dreamer. Praying the Lord does just that. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you, Dreamer and your wonderful husband, what a good man to stand by you through this. Come on Dreamer keep fighting girl. XXXXXXXX

Mary

Theresa-

Hope you get to see Dreamer today. It was wonderful getting to talk to you. I certainly hope that Dreamer has a better day today. It's so hard on all of you. Come on Dreamer - stay strong - you have a family who loves you so much. Please God, help this wonderful little horse to bounce back.

Barbie

Theresa, just letting you know I am sending more prayers for Dreamer and keeping my fingers crossed that she will keep fighting and be strong.

You and Dreamer are in our prayers. I sure hope things do a QUICK turn-a-round for you and her incision does look very good. You have her in qualified hands and are doing the best you can...our continued prayers for you
default_wub.png

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
Dreamer and you and your family are in our prayers. We hope she gets well soon.

You all have sure a great Bond.The love you all share is precious.
default_wub.png

Prayers from miles away still flowing in your direction. Hoping for some good news very soon.

Huge hugs to you all.

Anna

Latest posts

Back