Double dilutes Miniature horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I currently only have one double dilute, a perlino BTU granddaughter, Star Ridge Acres Lily Blue Too. Lily is in foal to my buckskin pinto stallion, Little Kings B T Buck Bandito
default_wub.png
for a March 21st foal. Can't wait. Here is Lily.

lilyjune28.jpg

And Lily with my smutty buckskin mare, Cross Country Penny Lane, who is in foal to my buckskin stallion, now gelding, Little Kings Junior Jinx.

lilpenny.jpg

So, maybe another double dilute or two will show up here this year.
default_biggrin.png
There's my Lily!
default_wub.png
Ok, well...she's YOUR Lily, but I still love her and totally REGRET selling her!lol She's out of my Blue Boy DAUGHTER who is 28 years young this year and runs and bucks with the yearlings!!!
default_laugh.png
Until Lily was born, I believe everyone thought Puddin' was black, but obviously smokey black. Sadly, Lily was Puddin's last foal, but she deserves a retirement I'd say after giving so much.

I would LOVE to someday be able to cross Lily with Spirit. I think they would really compliment each other!
default_wink.png
Although, she and Bandito will make an AWESOME baby I'm sure! I would be SHOCKED if that baby wasn't very much show quality!

Last edited:
default_wub.png
i love spirit too nice horses everyone thanks for sharing
default_biggrin.png

Gosh, thank you very much! I actually had no idea Spirit had such a fan club.
default_wub.png
I really appreciate it because I love him very much and each day when I see him out there I just still can't believe he lives here - at MY farm! Wow, just wow.

Thanks again everyone!

This is my double dilute. His name is Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow. He is a perlino (lab tested) and is homozygous for both black and agouti...meaning he only produces buckskins or perlinos...no matter what color the mare happens to be. BUT, that's not why I purchased him. I actually didn't know until I had him tested after he arrived here. I purchased him because he makes gorgeous babies and they win in the ring! When Ann Simmons dispersed I never thought in a million years I'd get one of her stallions, but I guess I was being a good girl because I got Spirit! Spirit has babies all over the world and I am expecting my first 6 Spirit babies this year. I can't wait!!
default_risa8.gif

This is a pic of Spirit a few days after arriving at Star Ridge Acres. Never conditioned in his life, just natural balance and beauty.
default_wub.png
Can you tell I love him?

spirithalterwebpjbfinalweb.jpg

spirittrot3.jpg

Thanks for letting me share.
Parmela he is so
default_new_shocked.gif
au natural
default_wub.png

default_biggrin.png
waiting on someone to send me one of their double dilutes they don't want for my herd
default_laugh.png

Oh my goodness I am so IN LOVE with Spirit!!!!

I used to not like DD's. But the more nice ones I saw, the more I liked them
default_smile.png
Last year I was looking for a nice mare/filly to add to the herd, and the one I liked happened to be a DD
default_smile.png

So this is my perlino mare, Oak Grove Legends Marina. Hoping to set up a very special "date" for her this spring, and I will be shouting from the rooftops if it works out
default_smile.png

marina128-13-9.jpg

marina168-13-9.jpg

marina208-13-9.jpg

marina6.jpg

Her parents are both buckskins. Her sire: http://www.oakgroveminis.com/horses/legend/legend.asp

default_smile.png
Last year I was looking for a nice mare/filly to add to the herd, and the one I liked happened to be a DD
default_smile.png

So this is my perlino mare, Oak Grove Legends Marina. Hoping to set up a very special "date" for her this spring, and I will be shouting from the rooftops if it works out
default_smile.png

marina128-13-9.jpg

marina168-13-9.jpg

marina208-13-9.jpg

marina6.jpg

Her parents are both buckskins. Her sire: http://www.oakgroveminis.com/horses/legend/legend.asp
Thank you for your kind words about Spirit. And congrats on your girl - don't know HOW I missed that you'd gotten her. And I've always LOVED her sire! I hope you have a stunning baby from her and her "date" next year!

default_smile.png
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

marina128-13-9.jpg

marina168-13-9.jpg

marina208-13-9.jpg

marina6.jpg

Hey, my boy Samis Soap Suds list in this thread is a half brother to your mare Marina. His sire is Celebration Tennessee Legend too.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know what a Silver double dilute would look like? a perlino or smokey black with silver? Would it effect the coat at all?

I have a couple double dilutes:
default_thumbup.gif

A perlino at 3 months Songcatchers Under The Double Eagle (Eagle)
default_wub.png
The absolute sweetest horse on the planet.

Double.jpg

Photo by Freeland Nash

and at 1 year, fuzz he was he!

Eagle.jpg

Eagles sire is our own LB Davie's TMM Destinys Daily Double.

My second DD is a 5 yr old cremello Bar B Russian Ice (Ice)
default_wub.png
She is a lovely sweet mare.

Ice2.jpg
default_wub.png
Ice.jpg

Photos by LKF

Ice is sired by Little Kings Buck By Buck (Rogers HSR) and a LK White Russian granddaughter. She goes back to Buckeroo 4 times in her pedigree.
default_smile.png

Here is my perlino gelding Nitro.
default_biggrin.png
He is a 2008 National Top Ten, Multi Canadian All-Star Champion, and Multi 2009 National All-Star Top Ten and hopefully one day soon a HOF. I don't feel his colour has held him back at all, just maybe made me use more shampoo
default_rolleyes.gif

Photo courtesy of Cheval Photography:

2009AreaIIShowJoeandNitro2.jpg

Photo courtesy of Hoof & Paw Photography:

AreaII2008NITROzDriving-1.jpg

There are some beautiful horses listed here!
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiousity, does anyone know what a Silver double dilute would look like? a perlino or smokey black with silver? Would it effect the coat at all?

my stallion is a cremello (lab tested) and he also carries the silver gene (lab tested). unless i had him tested i would have never known... until a foal came and i wondered where the unusual color came from... sire or dam... i tested him based on a suggestion from a forum member. i actually hate silver, but a silver buckskin is very pretty to me and he can make that so i guess it is ok. the mares i have that i am breeding him to do not carry silver so the occasional silver buckskin foal is ok. on the palomino and double dilute foals i get from him i will not be able to see it anyway even if he did pass it to them. i hope that made sense. so in answer to your question from what i know it doesn't affect the visual appearance of the color at all:BigGrin

edit... i have so much red dirt at my house... my cremello looks orange... UGLY... a lady stopped by and said "oh, look at the peach colored horse". i hate red dirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
i used to own a silver perlino pinto, that was tested to be silver and perlino.I didn't know he had silver still I tested him.

I hate I had to sell him

DSC02567-1.jpg
Dusty

DSC02472.jpg
he was only 29.75 inches tall. He was a pinto at that.I have only see a few perlino pinto. I had him tested for silver,because when he was clean his mane and tail were so WHITE.His test came back he was a silver perlino pinto

He is now older by a gentleman name Charles local,but I haven't got to see him since 08 when I had to sell all my minis.I wanted him because I wanted buckskin and palomino foals.

Thanks Guys!!

WTM I can understand Silver not showing on a Cremello as it would be the same as chestnut & pally, but I wasnt sure about the Perlino's coz they arent red based.

MBhorses - what a spunky boy, I bet you hated to part with him!

I will be breeding my Pally Pinto stallion to my Bucky mare at the end of the year & cant wait to see what I get, a cremello/perlino pinto would be unreal! My stallion has served a silver buckskin mare (atleast thats what I think she is?) this season (owned by someone else) so be interesting to see the outcome!

Dont want to hijack the thread, but was wondering, WTM, do your silver buckskins look like smutty palomino's?

Hey, my boy Samis Soap Suds list in this thread is a half brother to your mare Marina. His sire is Celebration Tennessee Legend too.

How neat!
default_smile.png

Right now my girl is brown... we've had soooo much rain, mud everywhere, and boy does she like to be dirty ;)

Latest posts

Back