Dog Breeders Who Don't Care

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeyranch

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I get a call from the vet. A local dog breeder had dumped off a chihuaha(sp) because her babies were born dead and she didn't want her anymore.

I go get the little chocolate girl, who is very sweet.

Her nails are curved under, my guess is she has never walked on the ground because of her actions, she is seriously overweight. She is in heat.

So the vet I got her from says wait till she's out of heat cycle before getting her spayed. I've waited a couple weeks and she hasn't stopped so I take her to MY vet, they keep her over night and I picked her up yesterday.

Vet says she has had a minimum of 2 C-sections, is at least 9 yrs. old, we had to have her teeth cleaned, 2 teeth pulled, she has a yeast infection in her ears, and tapeworms. At least there were no heartworms. Poor girl.

She is an 8lb., chocolate, who has probably earned this woman alot of money over time. And how selfish is it just to throw her away, not take the time to spay her and let her lay around.

I was told the breeder does this all the time. give up the dogs to the pound. I'd like to meet her on a dark corner one night!!!

[SIZE=14pt]So glad you rescued that poor puppy!!!! If this "breeder" and I use the term loosly, was registering these puppies with AKC, they could make an inspection and shut her down..... can you report her? you can go to www.akc.org.[/SIZE]

Lyn

:eek: :no: :new_argue: :new_argue: :new_argue: We will have to remember what we put out the universe gives back ten fold, but sometimes its hard to wait!

Bonnie

unfortunately, the vet refused to tell me who she is. Privacy and all that, blah, blah, is there a way to go thru Akc and check for city of breeder?? I would love to turn her in. A neighbor of mine has another younger dog, that she threw away also. So this is a nasty habit of hers.

Preaching to the choir............I know of a no kill shelter that gets doxies all the time from a "miller" like that..........those people are not breeders they are puppymills even if they aren't what you normally think of a puppymill. So glad you got her and are getting her fixed up. You can search the AKC website for breeders by state and many have their contact info their.............if you know any reputable chi people in the area they may know who this slimeball is............and their isn't much you can do through AKC to get her shutdown........BUT if she isn't a licensed kennel and has more dogs than ordinances allow you can make her life difficult
default_wink.png
: if she is licensed she is subject to USDA inspections of her facility and a tip off to them that her housing is lacking might cause them to at least inspect the place..........

SICK, SICK, SICK but like Bonnie said they will get it back and then some and they will deserve every bit of it!!!!!

I HATE this type of person and I do mean HATE!

Poor little darling was probably kept in a cage her whole life! :no: :no:

She will give you so much love in return for your kindness
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

:eek: :no: :new_argue: :new_argue: :new_argue: We will have to remember what we put out the universe gives back ten fold, but sometimes its hard to wait!

Bonnie
Bonnie truer words have not been spoken!

granny3.jpg

Thought ya'll might like to see a pic of the old girl. We've named her Granny. This was the day we picked her up.

What a little sweetie she must be!
default_wub.png
:

We may not be able to change all the wrongs in the world, but it's wonderful if we can make a difference in our little piece of it.......

MA

:aktion033: :aktion033:

she is very cute glad she is now in a loving home.

those people drive me crazy! Yesterday my friend told me her family bought a puppy out of the back of a van, and they KNOW that it is a bad thing to do. the puppy is wormy only 5 weeks old and has a cut on her back :no: and they will not report the people to the SPCA or anything they have the phone number and the van's plates numbers but wont do a thing. the think they did a good thing by saving one puppy, but really they only made room for more puppies and put money in the "breeders" poket...opps sorry for the rant.

-Vanessa

Gosh, wouldn't it seem that being that this person does this "all the time" and seeing the condition the animals are in, that the vet couldn't turn them in for animal cruelty?

How sad. :no:

Shelley

We may not be able to change all the wrongs in the world, but it's wonderful if we can make a difference in our little piece of it.......
:aktion033: I totally agree with you MA :aktion033: :saludando:

That just makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!

How can people DO stuff like that???????

Years,....ago,.....actually,......8 years ago,......I decided,.....to raise Poms,......We had J.D. already,....and decided to purchase 1 female and try it.

The pups that we raised and sold,....were FULLY vaccinated,....You can check with Middleton Vets,.....and they were EVERYWHERE in our house,...even though the most there was at one time was 3 or 4,...LOL

We worked closely with Middleton Vets,....and our puppies,...including mom and dad ,....slept with us at night,......NEVER any cages,...the most we had was ,...We had decided to buy a baby gate to seperate J.D. from Zowie,....only when we were NOT at home,....

We didnt make any money at all,......but,......I really enjoyed being Grandma to puppies ,.....We sold the paper trained ,..and with Brand new collars and leashes and vet certificates,...and told everyone that purchased one that if for ANY reason .......they decided not to keep Jr. to bring puppy back and they would get a full refund!

We were not in it to make money,.....it was a love for me,.....We eneded up about 5 years ago,....with 2 breeding males and 2 breeding females,.....

We had decided to keep one of the runts from a littler before,.....and her name was Boo(Sound familar???)LOL

Anyway,.....We had gone away somewhere and one of the males ,...not her father,..but,...a new male that we had purchased,..Cody,....had gotton out of the kitchen,.....via,...the CHILD PROOF gate,......and found little Boo.

She wasnt a year old yet,.....anyway,.....we were not aware that she was actually pregnate,....thinking that she wasnt,....she had never even come into heat before!

Well,....The one pup inside of her died,....$1300,....and an emergency C section,....and spayed bill later,...scared the crap outta me,.....

We found good homes,...for Cody,...and Zowie,....Kept ,...ole J.D.(our first year wedding anniversary present from me to Fred),...and kept,..my little Boo!

J.D. is going on 12 yrs old now and Boo is going on 6 yrs,...and we couldnt imagine our life with out them.

I will NEVER try to raise Poms again,.....It is too heart breaking,.....consider it a lesson learned,.....And I would NEVER GET RID of my little Boo,...like that poor little girl that you rescued ,...had to go thorough!!!

Congrats on your new little sweetie,.......and I say,.....Leave the breeding to QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS!!!!

Sorry so long,...Terri

Years,....ago,.....actually,......8 years ago,......I decided,.....to raise Poms,......We had J.D. already,....and decided to purchase 1 female and try it.

The pups that we raised and sold,....were FULLY vaccinated,....You can check with Middleton Vets,.....and they were EVERYWHERE in our house,...even though the most there was at one time was 3 or 4,...LOL

We worked closely with Middleton Vets,....and our puppies,...including mom and dad ,....slept with us at night,......NEVER any cages,...the most we had was ,...We had decided to buy a baby gate to seperate J.D. from Zowie,....only when we were NOT at home,....

We didnt make any money at all,......but,......I really enjoyed being Grandma to puppies ,.....We sold the paper trained ,..and with Brand new collars and leashes and vet certificates,...and told everyone that purchased one that if for ANY reason .......they decided not to keep Jr. to bring puppy back and they would get a full refund!

We were not in it to make money,.....it was a love for me,.....We eneded up about 5 years ago,....with 2 breeding males and 2 breeding females,.....

We had decided to keep one of the runts from a littler before,.....and her name was Boo(Sound familar???)LOL

Anyway,.....We had gone away somewhere and one of the males ,...not her father,..but,...a new male that we had purchased,..Cody,....had gotton out of the kitchen,.....via,...the CHILD PROOF gate,......and found little Boo.

She wasnt a year old yet,.....anyway,.....we were not aware that she was actually pregnate,....thinking that she wasnt,....she had never even come into heat before!

Well,....The one pup inside of her died,....$1300,....and an emergency C section,....and spayed bill later,...scared the crap outta me,.....

We found good homes,...for Cody,...and Zowie,....Kept ,...ole J.D.(our first year wedding anniversary present from me to Fred),...and kept,..my little Boo!

J.D. is going on 12 yrs old now and Boo is going on 6 yrs,...and we couldnt imagine our life with out them.

I will NEVER try to raise Poms again,.....It is too heart breaking,.....consider it a lesson learned,.....And I would NEVER GET RID of my little Boo,...like that poor little girl that you rescued ,...had to go thorough!!!

Congrats on your new little sweetie,.......and I say,.....Leave the breeding to QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS!!!!

Sorry so long,...Terri

Sorry so long,...Terri

Sorry so long,...Terri

I am soo sorry,...I dont quite know what happened,......It said that the web page was temporaly unavailable and I hit refresh and there is my post,...not once,..not twice,...but,...4 times!!!!!
default_wacko.png
:
default_unsure.png
: :eek:

Could someone,...kindly delete a few,...say,...errrr,.....3 of them for me,...Thanks,...and again,..sorry,...dont know quite what happened there. thanks Terri

I guess I should have added that the vet who takes in these dogs, has a "pound" of sorts for the county, as we have no real animal shelter or control. So I guess it's better he gets the dogs or she would probably just dump them on the road.

Last night at the game I'm telling my friend who works for the "pound" vet about what we have had to do for Granny at my vet to make her well and she tells me that the lady, and I use this term lightly, brought in 2 MORE DOGS THAT DAY!

OMG this lady is pis***** me off to no end. So I convinced her to give me the womans name and I AM going to try and do something about this. Although nothing will probably happen because she is being "responsible" and turning them over to the "pound"

Every time Granny groaned or cried during the night last night, I had visions of kicking this womans butt!!

I REALLY HOPE SHE GETS HER PAYBACK, BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHOULDN'T HAVE PETS!! :no:

Back