Dog Breeders (and everybody else!) Take Note!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley

Reaction score
Oh boy now this makes a lot of sense!
default_no.gif

Peta Ad

Those you you that aren't dog or cat breeders must also remember that these nutcase's

goal for a "No-Birth Nation" also includes ALL animals, including horses....

What next!!!! :DOH!

Between PETA and the HSUS eventually we'll all be posting and talking about....hmmm...

nothing, I guess.
default_frusty.gif

Shelley

Oh boy now this makes a lot of sense!
default_no.gif

Peta Ad

Those you you that aren't dog or cat breeders must also remember that these nutcase's

goal for a "No-Birth Nation" also includes ALL animals, including horses....

What next!!!! :DOH!

Between PETA and the HSUS eventually we'll all be posting and talking about....hmmm...

nothing, I guess.
default_frusty.gif

Shelley
:DOH!
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
:arg!
default_gaah.gif

I agree Shelley if they get their way a whole lot of us will be on forums and mail lists talking about...the weather :DOH!

I am only a one woman army but I encourage anyone wanting a dog to buy from a responsible breeder and go out of my way to help anyone who asks find one
default_wink.png

At least they're finally in the open about it.

They've always had the attitude that it's better not to have any animals than for one to be mistreated.

I don't think extinction is the answer to over breeding or cruelty.

Buy animals from reputable breeders who are trying to improve the breed.

Well you know what?

Please don't shoot me but let's imagine what would happen if there was a

"NO BIRTH NATION " for a few years. Would that be so bad?

Well you know what?

Marty, I am in agreement with you on this one. I read what they had to say and even though I am not in agreement with a "no birth" forever and ever I am in agreement with them about spay and neuter, at least in dogs and cats. Our humane societies are filled to the brim with unwanted animals and yes many are euthanized because they can't find enough people to take them and yet we keep breeding more cats and dogs. I read posts here as well about dog running lose, and owners that are too stupid to prevent them and the next thing you know the animal has to be shot in order for them not to attack people's livestock. Perhaps the solution would be that in order to own an animal you have to pay a yearly fee or have a liscense to own an animal? I am not sure what the solution is but I see too much suffering of various kinds of animals at the hand of humans and we are suppose to be the intelligent species and yet we have many unwanted, un-loved, poorly looked after, homeless animals...
default_no.gif
I remember seeing a quote my Ghandi that said some to the effect... "You can tell how civilized a nation is by the way they treat their animals". I thought that was very interesting and profound statement. And yes there are too many unwanted equines out there - look at the numbers that go through slaughter, look how many horse rescues their are.... there is a problem. How do we fix it, I have no idea.

The problem is, the good people will cooperate and the ones that are causing a lot of the problems won't.

Why can't we start with the puppy mills?

We haven't managed to stop that yet. Just read that the pet store Britney, Paris, etc buy their dogs from buys from a puppy mill.

I don't trust PETA.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]yes, no birth might be a good idea for a few years but that's not what PETA is about...they do not believe in owning animals. they want all domestic cats and dogs to be spayed and neutered until they no longer exist. they do not believe in "pets". i think we all know there are too many cats/dogs/horses but IMO PETA is not the answer. i do not think people truely understand what their goal is
default_sad.png
. Nikki [/SIZE]

Well you know what?

If you are a vegitarian it might not be a bad idea but I am not a vegitarian.

Makes me wonder why I have spent so much money raising and showing dogs all over North America and now horses. Not to mentnion why I just built an 8 stall barn. Well, the permit was for a garage so I guess that makes it an 8 stall garage. Now I will have to buy 6 more cars to park in there and I will park my motorhome in the center isle. Now I see why I was encouraged to put in a 16' center isle, it was for the rv with slide outs.

Enjoy your dogs and horses while you can. Their days are numbered if PETA has anything to do with it.

Can't wait for the day when they show up at horse shows and go around opening up stall doors to let the horses run free. Something they have been doing at dog shows for years.

You're correct Nikki.

I was involved with them several years back and they're pretty radical.

They scare me. Now saying that, I realize most of the people who support PETA are

good caring people.

I read once that PETA euthanizes as many animals at their shelters as any other shelter.

The answer is more low cost spay/neuter. So many of my clients just can't afford it.

SNAP here in Houston offered a special on cats ($24) for Thanksgiving that I think was really successful.

AND

the big answer for horses is - Vet's, find a way to spay mares without it being major surgery.

Just think what we could do for horses if we could neuter the ones that shouldn't be bred before they're sold.

Okay, I'll be getting off my soap box now
default_biggrin.png

I really think it's a horrible fate for all the stray dogs and cats in this world that are thrown away, unloved and starved. If people would only spay and neuter around here. If there were some kind of licensing to breed, something, anything to decrease the population. In Florida, in my city limits, they made a "kennel law" and you had to post $$$ if you were going to have more than 3 animals on your property and also to breed dogs and cats, birds etc. was another $$$ license fee and keep it up to speed and inspection. You always had to have proof of vaccinations and rabies.

And then wasn't it our luck that on Christmas Eve of "85, we took in a very pregnant mutt dog that we found rummaging in our garbage cans for scraps and proceeded to give birth to 11 puppies in our garage. We were so screwed.........
default_wacko.png

Not to mention why I just built an 8 stall barn.

That's what Hus wants to know why nobody around here is bred and yup, 12 stalls in my case and now another 2 stall run in barn. He's like "You weren't supposed to keep them all !"
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

Can't wait for the day when they show up at horse shows and go around opening up stall doors to let the horses run free. Something they have been doing at dog shows for years.

Oh you have GOT to be kidding!!!!!!!!!! :DOH!

Neil I believe they actually have shown up at horse events and done that
default_no.gif

PETA has a 95% kill rate much higher than most US shelters, they also rabidly oppose the no-kill shelter solution....google Nathan Winograd, he has some very good ideas and has set up and run successful no kill shelters in HUGE cities not small towns.

PETA and HSUS both want the end of ALL domestic animals............that means all cows, pigs, sheep, rabbits, ducks, chickens, horses, dogs, cats....if it is domesticated they want it extinct....man made them they are artificial and do not belong.

Actually If no one bred even for a couple of years there would be a shortage of pets.........that could also decimate some breeds genepools.

Don't fall for it they do not care one whit about animals, in fact they simply use animals as pawns to sell their theology....
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Oh, and the poor queens who can't fight off the toms
default_rolleyes.gif
I have been around a few cats in heat and I know better than to think they are trying to fight them off!

LOL i drove by a truck the other day driving down the interstate..they had hunting stickers on the truck but anyhow i also noticed a sticker that said:

I'm a member of PETA

PEOPLE

Eeating

Tasty

Animals

LOL i got a big chuckle out of that! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
PETA has a 95% kill rate much higher than most US shelters, they also rabidly oppose the no-kill shelter solution....google Nathan Winograd, he has some very good ideas and has set up and run successful no kill shelters in HUGE cities not small towns.

PETA and HSUS both want the end of ALL domestic animals............that means all cows, pigs, sheep, rabbits, ducks, chickens, horses, dogs, cats....if it is domesticated they want it extinct....man made them they are artificial and do not belong.

Actually If no one bred even for a couple of years there would be a shortage of pets.........that could also decimate some breeds genepools.

Don't fall for it they do not care one whit about animals, in fact they simply use animals as pawns to sell their theology....

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

OH MY WORD!

Oh you have GOT to be kidding!!!!!!!!!! :DOH!
You haven't lived until you have been been showing one of your pride and joys and hear the word spread that PETA is on the show grounds setting dogs free. They will go across the show grounds opening pens and crates setting dogs free. Some to later run into the streets and get killed.

This is just one of the reasons that I started showing out of my motorhome 27 years ago. So far, to my knowledge, they aren't going into motorhomes to release dogs. At some shows I lock the motorhome when I leave.

Although I have not seen it yet runamuk suggests that it could also be happening at horse shows.

Latest posts

Back