Does this look appy?????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiedoll68346

Reaction score
Here are a few booty pics of a colt born late saturday night. He is out of our Alamos Rowdy grandson who is black pinto and a Rowdy granddaughter who is registered as sorrel pinto but has some dots and weird lacing etc. Her name is McSperitts Mid Night Melody, can someone look her up for me and see if she has any appy in her. Her sire is Night Rider a Rowdy son, dam is McSperitts Cookie Cutter. Pretty amazed that we got this appy colt!!

Thanks Barb

Try again with the pics. The right side of his rump has about 3 spots on it also so far. Weird!!!!!

P5200258.JPG

P5200257.JPG

i'm not an appy expert, at all... but it sure looks like an appy butt to me
default_wub.png

That is definitely Appy and yes, I am surprized too. Which parent is carrying the Appy gene and has characteristics?

I'm new to appy but that looks appy to me too! He has more spots that my 'appy' colt who doesn't have a single spot...yet. Can we see pics of mom and dad?

As soon as the AMHA website is back up, I'll check the dam for you. The McSperitts did have some appy in their herd, so it may well come from there.

I had a colt born 4 years ago with those exact same markings! As a 3 year old, he shed out a loud near leopard. Ah, the joys of raising appies! lol

I finally was able to access the AMHA studbooks and your colt's dam goes back to Pineys Grass Cutter who is a pintaloosa. So, I'm guessing that's where the appy markings are coming from. Very flashy!

I was going to suggest you speak to Diane as shes really helpful with hers/others appy bloodlines and could help but it looks like Becky was able to find out some info...great!! Sure is a great looking little one..be sure to show us more pictures as he starts developing more spots!! congratulations

Woodstock North Who's Appy Now was born from two "solid" parents.... he was a surprise! Mama goes to Starlite's Chief and other apps, so she must have been carrying the gene, but I never saw her in person to see how much it showed!

Someone would have at least had to have characteristics. My friends bred a pinto mare to minimal pinto stallion, and got a solid horse that started turning Appy at just a few months old. They called me over to look to be sure and yes, he had Appy characteristics and is roaning out. The dam was pinto, and mostly white at that, but in the black on her head, began to get white snowflakes- she also had white sclera. Turns out a granddam of hers was Appy. Sire didnt really show any outward signs- he was born looking like a pinto and turned gray.

Latest posts

Back