Does this bother you?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer the original question, no it doesn't bother me. Eventually it would have been discovered and fixed and not worth growing a new grey hair over. Maybe a few years ago when I was supposedly a perfectionist and OCD about a few too many things but not anymore.

Things that bother me are war, crime, hate, general injustice, people and animal abuse, and people not getting along and loving and disrespecting each other. you gotta learn to separate the small stuff from the stuff worthy of your time and efforts in this big ole world of ours. And that's all I have to say about that.
default_biggrin.png
No, in the big scheme of things this is minor. But it still needed addressed. Because 1) it's a MAJOR advertisement for a MAJOR breeder. Who PAID for that ad and pays to have it up there in rotation. And 2) It's right on the main page of the main Forum for Miniature horse owner/lovers. Do we really want the world to see misspelled ads on our main information pages? Many don't respect us now...
default_wink.png

Plus, somebody DID discover it: I did. And it has been like that for MONTHS if not longer. I didn't know who to ask, but I do now.

Here's one of mine
default_smile.png
"should of" instead of "should have". The improper use of "then" "than" really bugs me, too, for some reason (yes, I'm a geek). I have explained it to my partner so many times and he still uses "then" where he should use "than". And of course, then there is the proper uses of "there", "their", and "they're"; don't even get me started lol
LOL, yup, I have a real problem biting my tongue when I hear someone say something like "If the sky is not blue than I won't go" or "That will work better then this" My daughter had a TA (teaching assistant) who used those 2 words incorrectly and she wrote notes home every day so I saw it a lot. Put my teeth on edge. LOL, I struggle not to be so picky and I do try to remind myself that none of us are perfect and I've been known to make mistakes either thro lack of knowledge or carelessness when I'm typing too, but its not always easy.
default_wink.png

I can't beleive that anyone gets upsot over a mispelled word these dazes. I haven't got a clue to what you guys are saying half the time, with the LOL's and all those abreviations. I was taught by some very respected 60's professers just put your thoughts down. Worrying about those ittle things wrecks the flow.

I told the kids in my clases just write what you feel and the heck with what anyone thunks. I know that mispelled stuff makes me look stupid but I don't give a hhhhhhooooooottttttttt.

Latest posts

Back