Does anyone know what breed this is?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

Interesting looking horse. I've always loved various draft breeds but I'm not sure what this one is. The height of the feather also seems really exaggerated.

I'm going to say it's a Belgian Brabant, where our "Belgian" horse comes from but now looks nothing like
default_smile.png
The Brabants are often bay (or bay roan) like that, very striking... but very heavy with a lot of feather.

Andrea

I'm going to say it's a Belgian Brabant, where our "Belgian" horse comes from but now looks nothing like
smile.gif
The Brabants are often bay (or bay roan) like that, very striking... but very heavy with a lot of feather.

Andrea

Interesting if that's true. Belgians happen to be my favorite of the draft breeds and what I owned when I had a riding horse as an adult. This horse certainly is heavier boned, shorter legged has way more feather than the belgians I see these days. Some of the higher end show quality ones are heavier boned though.

Disney, I was thinkign the same thing belgian brabant, his coloring seems to be the same as most brabants, as most are what roans if I'm not mistaken. Dan.

Thank you all very much! I think you guys hit it on the head. Now I want one!
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back