Does anyone have

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
I just got a flyer for it. I have cable right now.

Does it go out a lot? It seems like a good deal,but wonder if it is a case of who do you call for trouble? Some city out of state?

it gives an 800 number to call.I figure some people on here will have some experience with it.

Thank You,

Bonnie

I have it and it is a bit pricey but.. that said I have to say customer service is pretty good if you call and someone needs to come out they have always scheduled within 24-48 hours . For me it does go out in the snow or bad storm cause my dish has to face the way the storms come in. I have to send Raven up on the ladder with a broom to clear away snow sometimes lol but other then that it is pretty reliable.

We've had it for 10 years now and love it!!!

It hardly ever goes out. If it does it's raining a real possum-pounder or you need to get the ton of snow out of the dish. We've never had to call them for help. I love channels 803 and 804 the oldies music!!!

I have had it for five years. I had trouble once and it took 4 days to get a service man out to fix it. They are pricey. Be careful after your introductory off has ended if you call to make any changes they will ask you to commit to a contract. Your typical hard rain and snow may make it go out but not for to long. I was just looking into the Dish network.

We have it and are basically happy with it. As REO stated only in a gully washer or very heavy snow(this hasn't happened yet) does it go out and then not for very long. Love the DVR! But got to watch pricing...first year is a good deal but when that first year is up yikes! Also they like to throw in HBO, STARs etc for a limited time if you do not want to keep them have to be sure to stop it before you have to pay for it. We have had two issues first one service guy came out in 24 hrs and second one they were able to talk me through it over the phone...so good customer service.

We switched from Dish to DirecTV several years ago after very poor service from Dish. Haven't regretted it once. Ours only goes out if a storm is coming from the direction the dish is pointed or a real hard rain (we dont get snow). Customer service has been great & when we've needed service a local person comes out to fix it.

We switched from Dish to DirecTV several years ago after very poor service from Dish. Haven't regretted it once.
Heh - we did the exact opposite of that! After repeated issues with Direct TV, we switched to DISH about 5 years ago and they have been great!
default_yes.gif

And any needed service calls occur within 48 hours... plus the help on the phone can talk you through most issues.

I've had Dish now for almost 10 years. Thinking of switching to Direct. With the whole FOX lawsuit going on we have lost many of our favorite channels and programs.
no.gif
Maybe soon to loose more! Anything owned by FOX. Dish has been real good about service calls and up grades, and we haven't heard great trhings about Direct, but we want our programs back! IMO they are all pricey.

We have direct tv. Have had it for over 10 years. We are mostly happy with it. We don't get too many storms in this part of AZ so unless the wind is terribly bad it stays on. You might as well skip the basic package and do the next level. The basic package isn't worth the money we pay for it.

Also the last customer service guy we had out here to install the new boxes was a complete jerk.

The people you deal with on the phones though are much better.

I have it, love it and all in all the packages, etc... are cheaper than Dish from what I have seen. Mine NEVER goes out- RARELY and only if we have a BAD storm and then it's only for a few minutes til my satellite clears up. It's not THEM, it's my little satellite thingy not their service.

Direct TV what they dont tell you up front is you sign up for two years. Taht is your contract.... I was naot happy after they told me they couldnt move the dish when I moved but still expected me to keep paying for something I couldnt have....

At our farm in Virginia we do not have cable so we had DirecTV for many years. It would go out in heavy rain and snow. When we canceled the DirecTV they told my husband that we were paid in advance and would end the account two weeks later at the end of the month. We were not paid in advance and had to pay for the extra two weeks that we did not use when we got the last bill.

We are much happier now that we have cable tv.

Direct TV what they dont tell you up front is you sign up for two years. Taht is your contract.... I was naot happy after they told me they couldnt move the dish when I moved but still expected me to keep paying for something I couldnt have....
Most companies are like that now (contracts)...We had Comcast which was also a 2 year contract...When we moved they said we had to keep their service, but....they do NOT have Comcast where we now live, so that is your OUT. If you move to where there is no service with that company, they can NOT make you keep paying for their service.

We just got Direct and so far am happy with it...not used to the way the channels are, tho...so used to cable...I am missing some of the TV I used to watch...LOL!
default_wacko.png

We have had Directv for over 13 years and are very happy with it. It is pricey since my hubby wants the nfl ticket and a couple other channels you have to pay xtra for. It has maybe went out 10 times in 13 years and usually only for a few minutes. We do have a very long broom that we use a couple times a year to get the snow off it when it's heavy/wet or it will not work. I did not like their satellite internet service though (Wildblue), it went out alot and it was expensive.

When I could afford it, I loved it. Had no issues with them and could get some Science shows, you do not get with normal TV.

I did not like their satellite internet service though (Wildblue), it went out alot and it was expensive.

Again, we had Comcast when I lived in Oregon for internet service and I liked it...Now we have Wildblue and I don't like it! It is slow and it goes out a lot...kind of a bummer to pay this much money for a service and it sucks!
default_unsure.png

Thank you so much everyone for taking the time to respond to me!

Bonnie

We've had Directv for years and years and love it. Ours only goes out for a short time with VERY severe thunderstorms, or if we've gotten a ton of snow and just have to brush it off the dish.

We have Dish Network for 7 years and love it. There customer service has been great. My dog ate 3 remotes and they sent us new ones overnight each time. Never charged us. We have never had a contract.

We have the basic package, we pay 23.99 per month. We gat all the local, animal planet and alot more.

i've had direcTV for about 10 years and really like it. the customer service has been very good. it's a bit pricey but living in the boonies, it was my best option. recently, i had to have a service guy out here for my HD receiver. he fixed everything at no charge but told me i really should pay for the maintenance feature ($5/month) which i went ahead and signed up for. if you don't have it and for whatever reason need a new HD receiver, it's about $250!

Latest posts

Back