Do you make things for yourself? What would you like to make just for you?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Reaction score
I am always making things for others and I don't usually make things for me.

Looking around the house today, I sure could use a table runner and mug rugs for my dining room and would love a couple lap quilts for the couch and chair ~ his and hers.

I am making myself a crocheted scarf that is almost finished. I just have to add the fringe. But, most often, it is too warm here in Georgia to wear it. Good thing we will be in Virginia next winter!

Lois

I have a few things I've made that I haven't found a new home for yet, but haven't really made anything specifically for me. I did keep this table topper, and rather like it.

Ok, so its not finished in this pic, I finished it with a fall print fabric for backing and a gold colored leaf print for binding:

scrap log cabin quilt - class.jpg

I like your table topper. It is a very interesting pattern.

Lois

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a logcabin variation, I took a class from a local gal. Got my four blocks done in class, and decided that was enough for me, so I turned it into a tabletopper.

It's interesting. If I make things it's for gifts or whatever but never for me. I've made maybe 200 hand made show bows now and I don't have any for myself. I've always wanted some! I guess I should make myself a few things LOL

Chanda, I haven't tried the log cabin patterns. Just haven't gotten around to it. I have bookmarked the page and will have to consider it sometime. There are quite a few interesting variations of patterns. I have a lot of dark colors in moda fabric, so if I just find some light, I should have it made. I still love your table topper and the pattern you used.

I started thinking about making a table set for my dining table, only to remember that we are moving back to the farm this summer and planning on taking down the old wallpaper. So that stopped my thoughts on making me a table topper as I wouldn't know what colors to work with. I may go ahead and make some large mug rugs though. Thinking real scrappy and not matchy! I can wait and make the table topper later in the year.

But for the moment, I've got Mother's Day gifts to work on and my daughter and granddaughters are coming to visit in April so would like to have some goody's made up for them. Plenty to keep me busy for sure.

Lois

Yes, of course! I have a few blankets that I made for me! LOL! I also have a rubber made that I have a few things in and I call it "my camper rubber made". No I don't have a camper but these are the things I keep saving for a camper, and sometimes I buy fabric just for Camper Blankets LOL!

Latest posts

Back