Do you consider this rude?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unblievable!!! :new_shocked: Rude, disrespectful, scarey!! I don't think I would've been able to keep my yap shut on this one and would have told them right out, blunt and to the point. That's an invasion of privacy big time! Even my family members knock on the door...especially since they know Lakota is always on patrol. But usually I intercept with plenty of time becuse the dogs can hear a car from a mile away and when it pulls up in the driveway they are already alerted so I can just look outside and see who it is. Only time we have people coming in and out without knocking is when we have gatherings such as family pic nics and things like that other than that ...NO!

Side note here. We have a gate that leads into the barnyard and our back property that is just at the end of the driveway. I made a sign that says "DO NOT ENTER". And it's not easy to figure out the contraption we have to open it either (we wanted it that way). One day this lady pulls up and the dogs alerted me to her so I'm heading to the front door thinking she's coming over the usualy way......nope next thing I know there's a knock on the side door. I'm floored!! I answered it and asked her if she saw the sign blatently posted on the gate. She said yes but...then she just shrugged her shoulders. :eek: I told her not to do that again because sometimes I just let the dogs out from the back and whoever is inside the property, well, just better freeze in place!
default_yes.gif
: Oh she wanted to know if I had any eggs to sell....
default_wacko.png
:

Next I'm planning to get that sign that says "My dog can make it to the fence in one second flat......can you?" :risa8: :xreiter:

When we first moved into this neighborhood (a million years ago), a neighbor's relative that I had only met once was suddenly in my kitchen. She even surprised my dog and the dog went after her. My dog didn't bite her because I called her back, but the woman NEVER did it again. Thank you! I didn't even know what to think about it, but the dog took care of the situation. I think the woman didn't even know we had a dog. She did then! The neighbor actually seemed offended that the dog came after her. No brains, as far as I could tell.

I even think it's rude when someone enters your barn if you're not home. To me, it's like going into your house when you're not home. Almost anyone who comes to our place calls out before entering the barn or actually knocks on the barn door. Even friends & family. Never said they had to --- it's just common courtesy, which your visitors seem to be lacking.

Tell them. Outright. It's YOUR home. I wouldn't worry about offending them. Heck, they are already offending you & don't seem at all worried about it. Nope, I wouldn't tolerate it. Maybe it's just the way they are, but it doesn't sound like the way you are. You don't need to put up with it, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a couple of different visitors this week. We have to open the gate for anyone to come in so we know they are here BUT.....they both just walked right in the back door. :nono: Neither of them knocked! Yes, I know you are here but come on! What if I had been half dressed! ARGH!

Do you think that's rude?

Also....one of them was here earlier this week. They asked to us the restroom (we were outside with the horses) and they came back out with a soda in their hand...didn't ask, just helped themselves!

Am I too easily offended or is this not proper ettiquette?
:new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

Both of those are UNBELIEVABLY rude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK....so it isn't just me! Whew!

They aren't family and one is a TOTAL pest....always asking to borrow money, trying to get a ride somewhere.......the term leech comes to mind. :eek: Now if I could just figure out how to get rid of it......
You must live on the other side of me !!! I have neighbors that do the exact same things. Rides, money , smokes, you name it... if they can bum it they do !!!!!!I finally had to put my foot down and they didn't come around for a few weeks , but then they gradullay started coming around again.... now I'm just plain out RUDE to them !!!!

THAT IS SO RUDE...... I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM AS WE HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM WITH UNWANTED VISITORS WHO DONT RESPECT US OR OUR ANIMALS. I HAVE COME HOME MULTIPLE TIMES TO PEOPLE IN THE PAST WHO HAVE PURCHASED HORSE WHOM I GUESS FEEL IT IS FREE GAME NOW TO ENTER MY BARN SINCE THEY PURCHASED A HORSE FROM ME, AND OF COURSE THE PEOPLE WHO DRIVE BY THAT WANT TO FEED THEM STUFF THEY SHOULDNT HAVE SUCH AS GRASS CLIPPINGS, CORNSTALKS, ECT......... I WOULD BE TELLING THESE PEOPLE TO BEAT IT! HELPING THEMSELVES TO YOUR FRIDGE?????????? I STILL ASK TO GET A DRINK AT MY SISTERS HOUSE :eek: I HOPE YOU CAN RESOLVE THIS AS IT SUCKS TO NOT HAVE PRIVACY. GOOD LUCK!!

Latest posts

Back