Do I need any modifications?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
I just ordered a collar and hames harness for my stallion. My question is, Do I need to make any modifications to my EE cart or farm wagon for him to pull them correctly? I have attached a picture of the horse that the harness was purchased for.

006.JPG

You will likely need to lower the angle of draft...that would mean finding a way to lower your single tree at least a few inches.

You also need the shaft loops for the shafts to go through and a wrap strap just like on a single driving pleasure harness; at least that is what I know from driving single Draft with our harness'. Also, if it doesn't come with regular reins, you will need those too.

So if I got a singletree that you can use for log skidding and attached it to the bottom side of where the other singletree is attached on top, would that work?

The harness has the shaft loops and wraps. It also came with the reins. I am also waiting for the bits I ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try to take off the single tree that is on it, and attach it to the underside of the bar if that is possible.

Thanks Sue_C. Do you think that is enough of a drop in angle? I haven't gotten the harness yet. It should be here in a couple of days. I am excited to fit it to my fat boy. He sure could use some work.

I am going to do the same thing to my G&S Trail cart, but have to have a shaped tree made in order to fit under...but I figure it will make about 3-4" difference, and every little bit helps.

I have seen dropped trees held with heavy webbing and chains...connected directly to the axel; something to consider if this one doesn't work.

Oh, and here is a picture of another option I am considering. This is not my cart, and I don't remember where I ever found this picture...but that isn't important. ;-)

Sorry, tried fifty ways from Sunday to post a picture, but for some reason I am unable to since that last upgrade here...email me at [email protected] and I will send you a picture of what would work perfectly for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back