Disinfecting Stalls, how do you do it?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
I know their are many ways to disinfect and looking for a better way to do it. I used to work at a dog shelter and really liked the Trifectant over the bleach any day of the week. Would love to use an actual sprayer and have seen one person at Nationals actually take a hose and spray their stalls down. With the sickness with the ponies at Congress share your tips on how you disinfect your stalls.

When I show, even before I unload horses, I get out my spray can of lysol and spray every stall and the floor. Then I bed, get the water and unload my horses. This is what my vet recommended and I've not brought home any sick horses from shows. Before I groom or whatever I also spray the outside wall where I have my clippers hooked up, and I spray my shoes when I'm done spraying.

Cleaning stalls is a good idea, but it prevents transmission from the last horse in that stall not the horse next to yours at the current show.

Dr. Taylor.

We tarped the back walls to prevent our ponies from fighting with other ponies, but also as a health precaution.

Back