Dillion has a white spot

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
Actually 2 spots...Why is he doing this??? He is registered as a Dark Bay...I don't have a pic of him right now, you can see it in this pic from last summer. In his dams side there are ..

Britt Helms

On his Sires side:

Dell Terras and his GG Father was Small World John Henry, I know he was a black, so where is this spot coming from, Are any of these horses pintos??? I am more curious than anything....He did not injury himself so it is not white scar hair....any and all opinions are great!!!

The spot is right behind his sholder....

jul11420.jpg

jul11421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They look like they are probably birdcatcher spots. Birdcatchers are just something some horses get and they aren't related to the pinto patterns at all. He's still a solid horse - just a solid horse with a couple of birdcatcher spots.

I hadn't heard the term "bird catcher" spots before...interesting.

Horses get birthmarks...sometimes light and sometimes dark. If his parents aren't pintos and if these aren't scars then I would say they are just birthmarks and don't worry about them.

The only downside is you don't have a good candidate for a solid colour class <G>

They are Birdcatcher spots- just as the dark ones are Bend Or spots.

He will still be eligible for solid colour
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back