Desciplined rail driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chy

Reaction score
Ok Im gonna sound dumb and im sorry but Im new to driving and would like someone to please explain to me what desciplined rail driving is...is it different than pleasure driving? thanks

Our Pinto association includes Disciplined Rail Driving classes at its shows. The class is run something like a regular pleasure driving class, except they can ask for things like stop and stand, back, do a 90 degree turn, reverse at the halt, extended trot... pretty much whatever they want that is safe. So it is run a bit like a command class (if you are familiar with those) except you are not eliminated for mistakes but are judged on how well you do things.

Our Pinto association includes Disciplined Rail Driving classes at its shows. The class is run something like a regular pleasure driving class, except they can ask for things like stop and stand, back, do a 90 degree turn, reverse at the halt, extended trot... pretty much whatever they want that is safe. So it is run a bit like a command class (if you are familiar with those) except you are not eliminated for mistakes but are judged on how well you do things.

Thanks so much!!

Hey try calling Lois she has participated in the ISHSA class she says it is really fun and she enjoys it a lot.
default_smile.png
Her number and email is on the club site

Have fun is the show at Birt?

Hey try calling Lois she has participated in the ISHSA class she says it is really fun and she enjoys it a lot.
default_smile.png
Her number and email is on the club site Have fun is the show at Birt?
Thanks Lisa...You are ALWAYS such a big help!! I think im gonna only enter one driving class ya its at Birts Im kinda nervous!!oh well I will live it will good for the both of us...since i didnt know what it was i thought id ask and maybe enter but decided maybe next time for that class...

talk to Lois when you get there you can always enter at the show I am sure you will do great. I might be waiting on hay on Sat but if not I will try and swing by and give you some moral support
default_smile.png
You will do fine.. remember breathe, smile and have fun! Plan on driving at the club show on the 19th we have liberty and hunter classes as well for the minis! I for sure will be working at that one

If I miss you on Sat hope to see you Tues at the meeting so I can hear all about the show

talk to Lois when you get there you can always enter at the show I am sure you will do great. I might be waiting on hay on Sat but if not I will try and swing by and give you some moral support
default_smile.png
You will do fine.. remember breathe, smile and have fun! Plan on driving at the club show on the 19th we have liberty and hunter classes as well for the minis! I for sure will be working at that one
If I miss you on Sat hope to see you Tues at the meeting so I can hear all about the show
I will do that! I might just enter that class also it will go for the both of us. It will be great to see you guys...I should be at the meeting Im going to try to make it...I know I can go to the club show on the 19th I have barrel racing finals...Thanks...I will try to breathe and smile!!haha

When I explain it to new participants. I say- first of all, it is a blast! just go in and listen to what they say or ask you to do- Remember 'SIMON SAYS' as a kid? BINGO. thats it!

How did it go today. I tried to make it over there but just could not get my act together

Yep, MINIS is right
default_smile.png
. We used to do under saddle clinics that were pretty much Simon Says (well okay, they were Aggie Says because they were put on by TX A&M students LOL). Lots of fun!

Jan

How did it go today. I tried to make it over there but just could not get my act together

Lisa the show went good! Driving went well...I was so nervous...haha...my lil mare did very well I thought for both of our first time driving in a show! I cant wait to drive even more now!!

Back