Deerfield Fair '07

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
My last show of the season was last Sunday at the Deerfield fair.

It is a quick, 2-class show, that is just A LITTLE (or A LOT) expensive :new_shocked: but it is nice to see the other locals' horses and how they grew up over the year because I don't show locally that often.

So I brought Zeus. My sweet, sweet, fire-ball of a boy. He was at Nationals this past September with me and did very well =) He is the love of my life. I can never get rid of him. The thought is unbearable.

Anyway, we arrived and got him ready for show. We had so many people come up and compliment him and pet him. He was the first horse this little 3-year old girl ever touched
default_wub.png
: . He was covered up in his cooler though because it was freezing out.

He went into his first class, Halter Geldings and Stallions (10+ in that class) and placed first =) We won a nice chili cookoff set haha. (What am I going to do with a bloody mary mix?)

And then he went into his championship class and was reserve. Not very happy with that decision, not to be a poor sport, and you will know why when you look at the pictures.

It was a great day, I love showing off my beautiful boy and practicing with him. We still have stuff to work on (Like him overstretching) and much to learn about eachother. It was a great ending to a wonderful show season!

Here is the photographer's pictures.

http://www.denlorephoto.com/deerfield07/su...ram1/index.html

In the above link he is the second horse down. And then as you scroll down you can easily find him. There are three miniature classes on that page so don't forget to scroll down.

http://www.denlorephoto.com/deerfield07/su...ram4/index.html

Has much better pictures of him =) PLEASE CHECK THESE ONES OUT!

He looks good Jess!!

What is up with all the really long tails?
Some farms around here for some reason bag the tails and let them grow... LONG. I would be scared to have a long tail because if the horse backs up and steps on it, OUCH!

Jess P, I was parked beside you and remember you and your horse. He is beautiful, that is for sure, and I was in the Championship class, and also disagreed with many of the placings! But what can you do, different judge next time....

But congratz on your placings.

Great job Jess. I had never seen Cindy in the show ring before, alawys someone showing for her. You've had a great year.

Lizzie, Karen and myself all off to our last show on Sunday. Karen usueally wins the driving classes and I win the halter ones. Not bad for mom and daughter competing against each other.

Jess P, I was parked beside you and remember you and your horse. He is beautiful, that is for sure, and I was in the Championship class, and also disagreed with many of the placings! But what can you do, different judge next time....

But congratz on your placings.
Oh you did well too!

Beautiful horses!

And yes, what can you do? Some judges have different opinions. Thats what you pay them for, their opinions!

Diana,

I love watching you guys show. You also have had a wonderful year!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there and I have to say Zeus looked great! In my opinion he should have taken the championship class according to the pictures and seeing him that morning. I did not get to see the class though cause I had to stay with Fred at the trailer as we were in the driving classes later that morning. I am going to order a couple of driving pictures though as I thought they came out pretty good. Congratulations Jess you have done a great job with Zeus and it really shows. Glad we got to be at nationals together too. Can't wait till next year. Linda

I was there and I have to say Zeus looked great! In my opinion he should have taken the championship class according to the pictures and seeing him that morning. I did not get to see the class though cause I had to stay with Fred at the trailer as we were in the driving classes later that morning. I am going to order a couple of driving pictures though as I thought they came out pretty good. Congratulations Jess you have done a great job with Zeus and it really shows. Glad we got to be at nationals together too. Can't wait till next year. Linda
Thanks Linda!

Next year is going to be a blast! Hopefully College will allow me to hit Nationals again. (Wishful thinking?). Fred looked great even if he was being a brat in his first class but I am thrilled he won! He was the flashiest out there, thats for sure. I can't wait to get Zeus out there next year. He will hopefully be jumping, driving, and BEHAVING in Showmanship. We'll see!

Latest posts

Back