Darmond Storm Survivor

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christina_ski

Reaction score
This is the hardest post I have had to make, as I sit here typing through tears, just just a call from the vet. He was doing so much better and then just laid down and died just a few min ago. I am at a loss what to do. I guess the good news is just got the mares ultrasounded that he bred last month and he has 3 foals coming. My last piece of him left.

Thanks for the prayers, I know he is no longer in pain now. I don't think I will be able to go outside for awhile now, I am so use to seeing him everyday, and him being a terd and hollaring at the girls and strutting for them. Jamie is going to get him now and he will be buried here next to his girls. I couldn't bring myself to see him.

Rest in peace my sweet yella boy

StormHead-324x339.jpg

Storm_Right_April-365x299.jpg

Storm_Left_April-387x295.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no, Christina! That's terrible news!! I'm shocked and I feel so sad for you.

Has your vet given you any idea what he/she thinks the cause was?

(((((Hugs )))) to you.
default_sad.png

Oh, I'm so sorry!!
default_crybaby.gif
default_no.gif
Can they do tests to find out what this evil thing is before it harms another of your animals?

Rest in peace, Stormy.
default_bye-sad.gif

Leia

I don't think we will even know quite what got him. I know he had something nuerological going on, Someone suggested it was complications from the colic like a blood clot floating around and it was in/near his brain causeing it, and the rest of his body was shutting down and he just held on for so long, till it was too much for him.

I am so sorry.
default_no.gif

I hope it is nothing any other horse got into.

Christina,

I don't even know what to say. I know you and Jamie loved him and he was happy with you guys. He was such a little $% when he arrived here at about 8 months of age. He'd been SO spoiled by Christy and had been basically a lap puppy when he was a foal. By the time he got here he just thought the world revolved around him. And it did! I've never seen such a beautiful body and neck. There are no pictures that do justice to him. He's one of those you needed to see in person to appreciate. And he became so sweet. Never bothering anyone, always getting along. My mare Missy was bred to him and sadly aborted a palomino filly at about 8 months. I'm sure if she'd lived she would have had the same gorgeous color that was uniquely Storm.

I will miss him. Good bye sweet Stormy.
default_bye-sad.gif

I am so sorry about Stomy. I would certainly do a necropsy to see if he was indeed poisoned. I would hate to think he was poisoned, but you never know these days. Hey, also, Oleander, do you have any of that?

Again, I am sorry

Christina,
I don't even know what to say. I know you and Jamie loved him and he was happy with you guys. He was such a little $% when he arrived here at about 8 months of age. He'd been SO spoiled by Christy and had been basically a lap puppy when he was a foal. By the time he got here he just thought the world revolved around him. And it did! I've never seen such a beautiful body and neck. There are no pictures that do justice to him. He's one of those you needed to see in person to appreciate. And he became so sweet. Never bothering anyone, always getting along. My mare Missy was bred to him and sadly aborted a palomino filly at about 8 months. I'm sure if she'd lived she would have had the same gorgeous color that was uniquely Storm.

I will miss him. Good bye sweet Stormy.
default_bye-sad.gif

Yes he was quite the character. He was absolutly in LOVE with my 2yr old Queenie. He was kiss at her through the fence, when she was out in the pasture he was stand and wait for her to come back. He would always nicker to her and if you took her where he couldn't see her he would worry. He was absolutly wonderfull with my gelding Pyro. I kept them together this winter after his gelding surgury and he was so gentle with him, and they were best of buds, little 26" (at the time) Pyro would whoop his butt and they would play tag and chase and would act like a couple of goofs. When I clipped them and we got snow they would scare each other because with blankets on they didn't know who each other was. He loved the foal that was over here out with him and his mares and he would stand with her when her mom would be out to graze and he would let her jump all over him and just play and play. I could lead him around, even past hot mares, by his long pretty forelock. He clipped out white but grew in the more pretty deep golden with WHITE mane and tail. He was always the favorite of people who would come over as he would love to be scratched on. He was even loving all the attention at the vet when some kids showed up, you could tell he was loving being the center of attention. He didn't care why.

He was driving beautifully and was slated to show this month in western (He was as flat kneed as I had even seen and put some big WP Horses to shame!), he was jumping with so much form and presence. And he looked better then ever condition wise, without being worked. He never harmed any of the kittens or cats would go in his pen and rub on his legs and face. And would sit with me for hours being groomed, brushed and braided like we did this morning before he left. I will truly miss Storm, and hope his babies are just like him.

I am so sorry for your loss. I have heard it said.. "They only break your heart once." It is so true. Bless you.

Oh no, I am SO sorry.
default_crybaby.gif
He was a gorgeous boy. I very much hope that his expected foals all arrive safely and healthy for you and helpl to ease somewhat the pain of his loss.
default_sad.png

I am so sorry! What a pretty boy he was - I'm so glad you do have some mares in foal to him.

Barbie

Christina, I'm so sorry about Storm.
default_no.gif
He was a beautiful boy and hopefully his foals will be able to fill your heart with joy when they arrive next spring.

I am so sorry you lost your friend...Sometimes they only come in to our lives for such a short time but the time is so precious. Remember all the wonderful things and look forward to his foals in the spring...

I am so sorry for your loss....wish I could send more than words, perhaps a ((hug)) would help some....

Sounds like you didn`t have many years with him, but the ones you had were full of wonderful memories and those will be your rock for now.

I am so SO very sorry you lost your beloved boy! He was beautiful!
default_crybaby.gif

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Oh Christina, I am so so sorry for your loss...I wish words could help ease your pain...

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back