Darla's official foaling thread.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha thats right!! Stormy could surprise us all!!
default_biggrin.png

na I reckon Darla will be the next to go!
default_wub.png

Poor you Jess all this not knowing and guessing games..its horrible for you and poor Cassie too..I do feel so sorry for you both its so very wearing and you start to question if there is a foal in there or not..I was like that the first time round with my mare..its hard work becoming a granny and alot of worry and sleepless nights
default_laugh.png
but really will be all worth it when your baby arrives
default_wub.png
then its just LOVE
default_wub.png
and you forget all the slepless nights and worrying and can once again sleep through the night without all that on your mind knowing mum will be there to take good care of her baby..stay positive wont be much longer for you and poor Darla..shes going to love her new baby when it comes
default_aktion033.gif

I agree with Lindi and Cassie, Jess! Not much longer and Darla is counting the days too!

She is down flat resting right now.

Thanks everyone! I guess she will foal in her own time. Mare stare has really really helped...at least now i am only anxious for a foal, before i was anxious for a foal and sleep deprived!
default_wink.png

I am leaving her in again today, When I leave her out all day she over does it then her feet hurt all night. I will just let her out for a while this afternoon. Thanks for watching!

Yes good idea Jess..she could do without the extra stress of sore feet to cope with..the joys of pregnancy
default_rolleyes.gif

I know youv been away today Jess and i dont mean to worry you at all but Iv been watching Darla for a good few hours..shes made no attempt to munch on her hay at all..is she eating her dinner/breakfast??..maybe a sign shes getting closer or could be something else..has anyone else seen her munching??

I see the chickens in her feed bowl and alot of yawning from miss Darla

Last edited by a moderator:
She's been standing for a while. I went out to check Ricky and when I came back she is still standing. She looks uncomfortable in the rear end. and looked like she clinched her but down a little.. but it could be the camera angle and the way she is changing weight from foot to foot.

Shes at her drinking bucket again..but iv noticed there are no poops either
default_unsure.png
they could be hiding under the straw

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran by and checked on her a little bit ago. There was one poo hiding in the stray. There was still a bit of her breakfast left and it didnt look like she has eaten any of her hay from this morning (it is under the camera so you cant really see it). She has been doing alot of belly biting and yawning since i got back to my desk. Have yall noticed that?

I've noticed lots of BIG yawns lol.. tail swishing too. She just gently put her foot in her food bowl and lifted it out.

Ricky is doing good! If I squat and make kisses and call him he comes for scratches.

I am worried about his feed tho so we are going to get a new kind tonight, Purina Equine Junior (theres a thread on the board I posted about it). I'll start slowly mixing it in with his current grain and switch him over. He seems like he needs more nutrients and I bet once he gets it he will be a little more lively. He doesn't 'play' much. I have only seen him run around about 2-3 times. He sure does love scratches.

I bet hes going to be really spoiled
default_biggrin.png
no point having them if you dont..glad your enjoying him Megan
default_smile.png

Still no munching going on with Darla..just wondering why shes not interested in her food..even when my mare was in active labour she was still munching before and after..I know theyr all different..just an observation
default_smile.png

That makes me feel good, Diane!

The feed his is on now is grain and it is produced locally. I just don't think it's got what he needs and can't find anyone else who feeds it to their horses! I was going to switch him to the 16% protein from the same company but I think it would be better for him to get on the Equine Junior. Can't wait to see how it helps him!

What feed do you feed your mature horses now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back