Darla's official foaling thread.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol...i will be at work tomorrow so I will post pics either way! Still about 30min. until my next "scheduled" time to check on her but the dogs were barking so I had a peek....the silly mare is still sleeping. Come on little miss spotty spot mcspotterson.....arent u ready for your world debut yet?? did anyone ever seen the episode of seinfeld where is elaine ticks off the soup guy and he won't let her have soup? He keeps saying "no soup for you!" (with a german accent). every time I go to the barn in there is no foal I hear that voice saying .....no filly for you

haha I remember that epsiode!! I am exactly the same LOL

well I hope that both Suzie and your girl don't foal at the same time, cos we both want the filly fairy to come and its a bit far to travel from Alabama to Australia in a few hours!! LOL
default_wacko.png

Just checked again...some yawning amd pawing and upper lip lifting (i know what that is called but it is 2:30am and it wont come to me) and a couple of times she did a kneeling stretch thing with her front legs straight out in front and her booty up in the air. Just standing quietly now... With my luck she is probably going back to sleep now. (No filly for you!)

She is down sternal....not really like lets have a baby down....more like lets have a nap down. Just a few belly nudges and thats all. Maybe she is trying to get all of this rest so she can deliver a breakfast baby!

Lol...i knew it was something that sounded gross and head cold like...just couldnt think of it.

I hope Darla hasnt been reading Peanut and Suzies thread lol.

I hope she foals for you soon. Must be hard going in and out all night

just went out to turn darla out for the day. decided to get cassie a few new pics and a sample of milk for a test while I was there. when I milked her this thick off white stringy stuff came out with the regular milk. I took pic of it and will post when I get to work.... Anbody has this happened before????

It has been sticky for days....but I didn't even touch it this time. According to test calcium is good but ph is still way too high. The stringy things are still in the cup they make strings between my fingers when I test it...but not super sticky.

These were all taken this morning. The stuff in the syringe, and in the cup is her milk. She doesnt like having pics taken of her "girly bits" so they aren't great...sorry! I think her vulva is actually looser in person...she starts dancing around every time i try to take a pic. I will post some older pics below.

22.jpg

21.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

23.jpg

19.jpg

12.jpg

It is really strange how her tummy is getting smaller and smaller as the weeks go by, looking at her tummy now she doesn't really look pregnant at all
no.gif
As for her milk I can't help as I have never seen it like that, hopefully one of the more experienced breeders will read this thread and help.

She is a maiden mare and I dont know a due date. She was bred when I bought her. They just had her in the pasture with a stud.

She seems to have lost quite a bit of wait on her neck too, what are you feeding her and how much? It looks like you might want to increase it.

She was on pasture only when she came to me. I have really good pasture, but I have been giving her hay at night when she stalled. I havent started her on grain yet. I have omolene, beet pulp, and alfalfa pellets, that I plan to start her on. I havent started it yet because 1st stage of labor and colic are very similar, and I dont want to colic her and think she is in labor.
default_wacko.png
My reasoning behind not starting the grain yet probably will sound crazy to every one else but makes sense in my head...lol. I do have a mineral block out for her and she LOVES it. I think her neck looks slimmer in the new pics because her head is up and stretched out scrathing on the fence post, and in the older pics her head is down grazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back