Daily Wormers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weelittleones

Reaction score
I am currently using a daily wormer called Continuex on my three minis. Does this work as well as the tubes you give every 6 weeks or so? If so, do I need to switch to another brand after they finish with the Continuex so they don't build immunity from it.

I would greatly appreciate your comments. Still learning.

Hi,

You do need to deworm with a paste every 6 weeks or so even if they are on a daily dewormer. One dewormer doesn't kill all of the parasites, and so if you don't use another brand, then they can still develop worms(if that makes sense
wacko.gif
im still waking up
smile.gif
) You can keep them on the daily dewormer for a long time, i believe, but you wanna make sure you give them a paste dewormer also.

Amanda

Actually you only need to paste worm a couple times a year if you are using daily worming (directions on the container). I find daily wormer helps out my old horses a bunch to keep weight up and manure normal.

I have used Strongid C daily on my minis since 1993 but twice a year, or every 6 months you have to paste worm with Zimectrin or a brand in that series to take care of bots. I have healthier horses, better coats and no colics since I'm been on the daily wormer. I swear by it.

Joyce

Latest posts

Back