Cubby's Mommy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
Just wanted to update on Cubby's Mommy. She no longer lives in the "present" time. She lives in the past. But where she is at in her mind is a very happy place for her. She no longer knows that Cubby is her child. She does know who he is, but she thinks she is preg with him now. She thinks she is in a Hotel in Key West and the people in the hall are having a party. She can't go to the party because her back hurts (pre labor)and she is close to having her baby, so she needs to stay off her feet. Her family is trying to get her moved back to Fla, where they and she are from, so they can spend more time with her. The Drs have said they are running out of time to move her. Cubby will not have anything to do with her. I wish I knew what happened to him when he was still with her before I took him. He is soo angry with her. I don't want his memory of her to be an angry on. We are always telling him Mommy loves him, esp when he says Mommy is bad. This whole ordeal just breaks my heart. I look for her to be moved within the next 10 days, if she hangs on that long. It has been an expensive ordeal for her family. We have offered our home to any family members to stay so they can save the $$$ on motel rooms, plus it will give them more time to spend with Cubby before they go. Im not sure I will take him back to see her again. When he sees his therapist next week, I will ask her. So this time I ask for prayers that Mommy passes peacefully, and Cubby forgives his Mommy for whatever it is that she had done/not done to him...Sigh.....

Theresa-

This has to be so hard for all concerned. Glad that Cubby's mom is in a happy place in her mind. Hate to imagine what has given Cubby the thoughts that he has, but hope that time will help with that. I agree with you, hope she passes peacefully. This is all so sad!

((((HUGS))))

Barbie

Such a very sad story all round with so many different folk suffering in various ways. I really hope that Cubby can move forward into a future without bad memories or thoughts and that his Mommy finds peace very soon.

Again, sending hugs for you and Art - Cubby is very lucky to have such loving people to care for him.

Anna

default_crybaby.gif
:CryBaby
default_crybaby.gif

I have had indept long talks with her Mother and 2 sisters. Her mother has stage 4 breast cancer and lives now with one of her daughters. They were here and left last week. Her other sister is here now, and is trying to figure out how to stay longer financially, also she has a 5 yo daughter back in Idaho that she needs to get back to. Her husband is taking care of her, but we as moms still worry. They are worried about Cubby and want him to be a part of their lives. They know he is okay and he will stay with us for as long as needed, maybe indefinately. I told them to concentrate on Mommy for now and get her where she needs to be. We will deal with the Cubby situation later.

That whole situation is just very very sad...I'm glad Cubby has you in his life, but he will always be affected by the loss of his mother so young. Hopefully, any "bad" memories he has of her will fade as time goes on. He probably doesn't need to see her again (especially since she doesn't remember him). Show him pictures of her (with him), so that he has memories of those instead.

I feel bad, too, for his extended family, who are also dealing another family member with cancer...Very very very sad...
default_sad.png

I just got home from visiting Susan. Tonight she "Knew" me. I only planned on staying for a little while, but she asked me to stay and "talk". So I stayed for 3 hours, fed her dinner and girl talked. All she talked about was Cubby. How happy he is when he is with us, and when he is not, he talks about us. We hugged, laughed and shed alot of tears, happy and sad ones. As I was getting ready to leave, she reached for me and asked me to teach her son to love. It was all I could do not to burst into tears. She has lost all of her beautiful thick long Auburn hair. She is ready to go she said she has made her peace. Her family will be moving her soon to Fla. I will miss her. My heart aches, she is so young and she leaves behind an 18 yo daughter and 3 yo (in April) Cubby. I will do my best for him to know how much she loves him. His little life will never be the same. I sat in my car at the hospital and cried hard forever. Tomorrow I have an appt with SS to get her SS for him. Im putting it in a savings account for him. That way when he is older, his Mommy can help buy him a car or whatever he needs. Her sister just called and said the after I left she went back to the past, her happy place. Thanks for your prayers for her and Cubby.....

I'm so very sorry, I'm tearing up reading this and I am not one to do that. You are all in my thoughts.

Theresa, I am so sorry to hear about this
default_sad.png
It is very sad. Hus and prayers for everyone, you, Art, her other family, and especially Cubby (((Hugs and Prayers))). You are in my thoughts.

Dan.

I have no idea what has happened to Cubby's mama Theresa, but I am sending many prayers for a peaceful passing and also for the remaining family members. Cubby is very blessed to have you and Art. Big Hugs my friend! ((( )))

Latest posts

Back