Critique please!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandi

Reaction score
After seeing all of Kims wonderful pictures and paintings that she has done she really inspired me to want to try my hand at drawing/painting again. It has been over 6 years since I last drew something. I loved drawing animals more than anything and sort of lost my heart to do it anymore after so many of my beloved animal friends passed away. So I really REALLY want to thank you Kim for helping me find what I lost so many years ago.

Here is one painted I just finished of some horses...

horses.jpg

And here is a drawing that I finished earlier today....

horsedraw.jpg

Wow! They are awesome! I sure hope you keep doing it if it makes you happy! LOVE your drawing. I have never been good with graphite drawing, I use acrylics, since i can paint over them quickly when I make a mistake!

Again congrats, I am so happy you are doing art again!!!!
default_laugh.png

Have you seen Shari's drawings and paintings on here? She is fabulous!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! They are awesome! I sure hope you keep doing it if it makes you happy! LOVE your drawing. I have never been good with graphite drawing, I use acrylics, since i can paint over them quickly when I make a mistake!
Again congrats, I am so happy you are doing art again!!!!
default_laugh.png

Have you seen Shari's drawings and paintings on here? She is fabulous!!!!

Thanks, I hope I can keep inspired for a little while at least. I have tried in the past to draw and everytime I would start I would just keep telling myself that I lost it and cant do it anymore.

I havent seen Shari's drawing and paintings is there somewhere that I might be able to look on the forum to find them? thanks

Your right, her work is amazing! I give people sooo much credit that can do watercolors like you and Shari. I tried my hand at it a few times and the end product came out really good, but I just do not have the patience for it. I can not stand having to wait with something and let it dry first before proceding to the next part of the painting. I felt the same way when I tried crocheting (spelling?) I just didnt have the patience for it and really admire those that do.

They are absolutely awesome! Keep going with it, you are so talented.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Don't let negative self-talk block your inspiration, you have real talent and a very impressive vision! Keep going as long as the spirit moves you!

Leia

I'm impressed! You GO girl!
default_new_shocked.gif

I hope you pain and draw some more and keep sharing with us!

There is something about your painting style that is really cool. And your drawing style reminds me of the old world artists. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all of the nice comments you really made me feel like I just might still have it. HAHA. I'll be sure to share more as I continue.

There is something about your painting style that is really cool. And your drawing style reminds me of the old world artists. Keep up the good work!
I always admired the old artists like di vinci and have done some reproductions and copied their style. I also like to do abstracts and some that look a lot more realistic. It just depends on how I am feeling.

Latest posts

Back