Could use the power of positive thought

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My position is that he is married in the spirit of the word and therefore I shouldn't have to contribute financially to his new family. Even though there is volumes of testimony and case law that support my position, the judge may decide that since they never got a license they are not technically (legally) married.

Continuing to pay him has caused a substanstial financial hardship for me and it just gets worse each month. I really hope the judge sees my position and rules in my favor.

I could use any extra positive thoughts and energy you all can spare. I really need the stress of this to be over.
default_sad.png
I am just stunned that YOU are paying HIM alimony support, and you don't have any children that are in his care! What kind of a jerk is this man that he is content to continue to allow an ex-wife support him? You have my sympathy and I will definitely be thinking positive thoughts for you!

I am just stunned that YOU are paying HIM alimony support, and you don't have any children that are in his care! What kind of a jerk is this man that he is content to continue to allow an ex-wife support him? You have my sympathy and I will definitely be thinking positive thoughts for you!

AMEN sister, that is exactly what I was thinking as I was reading this!!!!!!!!!! Unreal!!! Good riddens, I hope it all works out for you.

The trial date is June 29th. I meet with the new lawyer on May 31st.

I sometimes feel like it will never end.

well all I can say is WHAT A WEENIE..his new "wife" should be totally humiliated she is taking money from you and him well how he can be happy not acting like a man I will never understand!!

OMG Parm!
default_new_shocked.gif

He's not a man, he's a leech!
default_torch.gif
`

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Wow, pretty unbelievable. I hadn't seen this thread before....I would have expected a "common law" marriage to hold up in court, I'm sure that varies from state to state. Will be thinking of you and hope you prvail in court!

Jody, sorry for your situation too...life just gets a little too complicated sometimes!

Jan

Parmela, I didn't say it before but since others have said something similar and it doesn't seem to have upset you -- the first thing I thought when I read about what's been going on and how he's living off his ex-wife's money was he should GROW A PAIR! Unmanly. I get it (trust me) that sometimes women earn more than men. Not a problem... but for a man to sit back after a relationship is over, be in a serious "marriage like" new relationship, and still waiting on a monthly check from his ex-wife, he should be ashamed. I hope the trial goes in your favor. In a proper world, it surely would. My thoughts and prayers are with you and will be looking forward to some good news as a result of the court date!

Update:

Well it seems it may be officially over. Why no jumping, screaming for joy? Well I guess because I've learned over the last year that sometimes even though things seem resolved, something can still come up. But for now, it's over.

On July 19, 2011, the judge ruled in my favor! In his written decision, he cited my ex's (and his "wife's") "commitment ceremony", their invitations, her white dress, the church in which the ceremony was held, the fact that it was performed by a minister, scripture was read, vows were exchanged, traditional wedding-style rings were exchanged (and still worn, except for the trial
default_wacko.png
) as a "substitute for marriage" and the only reason they didn't apply for a marriage license was to "continue to receive spousal support" from me. I was awarded back alimony payments (to August of 2010) and all court costs, not attys fees. I don't expect I'll ever see a dime of it, but at least I no longer have to pay.

I couldn't mention it back in July as my ex technically had 40 days to appeal. But this past week I recieved a check from him as "partial" payment. I got out my calculator and realized at this rate, it will take him 144 months (12 years) to pay me back!
default_new_shocked.gif
Again, I don't expect to ever really see the money. But my lawyer did file a lien against his home (that he bought with the almost $125k he got in cash when we first divorced
default_no.gif
) so if he ever sells it, I will get my judgement plus 9% which is a pretty good investment these days!
default_yes.gif

Thank you EVERYONE for all the kind and supportive wishes and thoughts!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
They all meant the world to me and I truly believe they all added up and helped!

I wouldn't wish this, financially or emotionally, on my worst enemy. So glad it seems to be over.

Parmela...I'm glad the judge sided in your favor as it was clearly not right that your ex should have gotten anything from you at all. While you may never see any re-payment, I would still file for "non-payment" because I believe it may be possible to garnish any wages he has (just like with child support). The fact that there is now a lien on his house is awesome, too. Sounds like you will get your money...eventually!
default_aktion033.gif

So happy to read this whole ordeal is finally over for you, and that for once common sense prevailed! Someone very close to me is going through the same thing, and I can only pray that someday soon it will be over for them too.

WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

I'm SooooooooOOoOoO HAPPY for you Parm!!!!

I could just kiss that judge!

I'd like to kick your Ex in the behind!! What a low life to make you pay for his life with his new wife! Sorry piece of crap!

OH MAN!!!! That is some FANTASTIC NEWS! Congrats and now you can go on with your life and the awesome guy you have now!!!

Congrats!!! That is amazing news
default_smile.png
I know you don't expect it but I really hope that one day you do get your money back also
default_smile.png

Pamela, I really hope the judge can see what's happening, and see that it's wrong! I still don't understand why YOU are paying a support check to this leech when you don't even have children together! I am disgusted by any man (or woman) who uses another woman (or man) in such a despicable manner.

Pamela, I see you are in Missouri! Heck, that's only about ten hours from me! Want I should come and give you a big hug and hold up a sign in the courtroom that says, "Users Like You Are Losers" and wave it in front of his face?

Parmela-

I am SO glad to hear the judge finally made the right decision and that you can (I hope) put this all behind you.

Mary

Latest posts

Back