Could she be bred??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to the Vet results. She is a lovely Mare & I think there is every possible chance she could be in foal. Like Diane from Castle Rock said, there are a couple of pics that look very much like she could be carrying by her Lopsidedness.

Hoping you also get your wish and its just a Grass belly.
default_smile.png

Starting to get nervous...lol. I keep staring at her hoping she shrinks before my eyes or I see something move that isn't gut movement or breathing...

Looks like only two websites sell Weefoal 100, not 100% that either are even in the US, and they don't give off a trustworthy site vibe. One pays through Paypal.

But I have no way to collect any pee. I'd have to lock her up in a DIY pen for a day, magically make some kind of contraption to collect the pee. But she will scratch and rip anything off, she isn't used to stuff stuck on her, never had a rug on and she's an itchy devil. All I expect from the effort is a lot of stress on both of us, frustration and wasted money.

Then, I keep finding nothing but old 2008-2009 posts about Weefoal, usually just the 38 and little to nothing about 100. Most of it is negative comments about false positives or false negative results...

They are $50-60 with shipping that I can find, too. What a pain.

Read that some vets have a fancy wand for alpaca and other small animals to ultrasound them, I doubt my dim vet would even have a clue as to what I'm talking about, surely don't want them to make something and test it on my horse...It's all so annoying.

Haven't heard from the vet yet. Going to call around 5pm if they don't call.

Found info from the people I got her. They said she was with a gelding.

Results came in this morning, waiting for the vet to look over them and then he will call me.

Gah, why isn't it just a simple yes/no result? =/

Called again just now, lady said she promises the vet will call me today with the results....

Estrone sulfate. 5.98

So not pregnant.

But vet said to watch for any changes anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you heard of the nail test? Lots of us forum members have done it for giggles and grins. Tie a string to a large nail. Hold it in the air over the back of the mare. If it does not swing the horse is not preggo. If it swings in circles it is predicting filly. If it goes side to side it is predicting a colt. I was worried one of mine got bred through the fence and then I saw your post and decided to do the nail test. It showed none of my gals are in foal. Yay! I don't need any more. Oh, and the predictions on the sex are right only about half the time. But, hopefully the part for checking to see if in foal at all is accurate, at least for me this year.
default_thumbup.gif

What kind of feed should I get her if it is a nutritional thing that gave her the gut? Will TSC mini horse n foal be ok to feed her?

Have fresh grass hay now, she's starting to eat more of it than before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back