Could my jack be a crypto?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donkeymom

Reaction score
My jack "eonus" was born Feb. 2005 i bought him when he was 3 months old and he still only has 1 testicle (from what I can see) The vet told me last year that his testicle was dropping and to give it a little more time. I wanted him to breed my girls but he just hasn't figured it out yet, he's more attracted to horses and i think its because that is what he was raised with. I had the girls bred to another jack but I'm concered about eonus. He is a beautiful jack that is like a chestnut color, great conformation and his tail touches the ground like a horses. I would like him to breed the girls if he ever figures it out but if he is crypto I've heard that he can pass it on to his offspring. The weird thing is that 1-testicle seems to run in the men in my family and even my son had to have surgery because of it when he was born. So he really was meant to be in our family. I was told that i would have to take Eonus to Morrisville to have it fixed and he would be gelded. I'm not sure if I want to do that. If humans can live and breed with one testicle with no problems, can eonus for at least a little while longer or am i being selfish? Jenn

Latest posts

Back