CORRECTION TO AMHR NATIONAL PREMIUM

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

When the premium came out I noticed that there was no Amateur classes for the new Western Country Pleasure driving. I contacted Cathy Buehrer in the show department and her first response was that there were no Amateur Classes.

Well this morning I got an e-mail from her that the last page of the premium listing had been eaten by her FAX machine and indeed there is an Amateur division for Western Country Pleasure driving. The correction is on the website, under events at the very bottom of the page.

I have also posted it here:

CLASS CORRECTION FOR AMHR WESTERN COUNTRY PLEASURE DRIVING

THE FOLLOWING CLASSES WERE INADVERTENTLY LEFT OUT OF THE AMHR 2007

NATIONALS PREMIUM BOOK:

CLASS #87a – Sunday afternoon 1:30 p.m.

Amateur Gentlemen Western Country Pleasure Driving, Over

CLASS #91a – Sunday afternoon 1:30 p.m.

Amateur Ladies Western Country Pleasure Driving, Under

Class #98a – Sunday Evening – 6:00 p.m.

Amateur Ladies Western Country Pleasure Driving, Over

Class #105a – Sunday Evening – 6:00 p.m.

Amateur Gentlemen Western Country Pleasure Driving, Under

So for us folks that wanted to show WCPD but were not going to because of no amateur classes we can now show WCPD.

Thanks Cathy for checking into this for us. Now I can show WCPD, before I was going to only show CPD :aktion033: :aktion033:

First off we usually show AMHA. I know AMHR has pleasure driving and country pleasure driving. So what is this Western Country pleasure driving, and what is the difference?

First off we usually show AMHA. I know AMHR has pleasure driving and country pleasure driving. So what is this Western Country pleasure driving, and what is the difference?
Here is information on the Western Country Pleasure Driving Class:

Western Country Pleasure Driving (Required at Nationals Only and will be considered Non-Rated at all other ASPC/AMHR Sanctioned Shows until the 2008 show season.)

1.A Western Country Pleasure Driving horse should carry himself in a natural balanced position with a relaxed head and neck. His poll should be level with, or slightly above the level of the withers.

2.Maximum credit should be given to a horse with a relaxed head and neck, that carries his poll level with, or slightly above the withers, moves straight, with low strides and with little flexion of knees and hocks, with free movement, manners and a bright expression

3.The horse shall be severely penalized if his poll is more than 5 inches above the level of the withers, is behind the vertical, is overflexed, excessively nosed out, the poll is below the level of the withers, exhibits excessive speed or shows lack of control by the exhibitor.

4.This class will be judged 60 percent on the horse’s performance, manners and way of going, and suitability for assuring a pleasurable drive, 30 percent on condition, fit and appropriateness of harness and vehicle, and 10 percent on neatness, appropriateness of attire and overall impression. Overchecks and side checks should be slightly loose, not snug. Excessive knee action and speed to be penalized.

5.The Western Country Pleasure Driving horse may not cross enter into the Country Pleasure, Pleasure Driving, or Park Harness.

1.Horses shall enter the ring counterclockwise (to the right) at a Country Pleasure Trot. All horses are to be shown both ways of the arena at a Walk, Country Pleasure Trot and Extended Trot. All gaits to be performed in a smooth, relaxed, balanced manner. Consistently showing too far off the rail and excessive noisemaking by exhibitors during the class shall be penalized according to severity. Each horse shall be required to back readily and straight and stand quietly.

2.Walk: A free regular and forward moving four beat gait. The horse should walk freely and calmly, with an even determined gait.

3.Country Pleasure Trot: A balanced, easy going, relaxed two beat gait demonstrating forward movement with a flat knee and little hock flexion.

4.Extended Trot: A clear increase in gait and length of stride. The horse should move freely on a taut, but light rein, while maintaining a balanced gait and forward movement with low strides and little flexion of knees and hocks. Excessive knee action and speed to be severely penalized

5.Maximum credit should be given to a horse with a relaxed head and neck, that carries his poll level, or slightly above the withers, moves straight, with low strides and little flexion of knees and hocks, with free movement, manners and a bright expression

ok since i have yet to see this class.... are you expected to wear western attire?? I really hope not..... UGGG.

I guess i don't see how this is going to solve any problems having this class since it goes from one extreme to the next.. also how many horses out there REALLY go with a straight neck and level to the withers but on the bit? seems like an ideal way to teach a horse to loose impulsion... I think i may just give this a try at nationals..but i'm intrested to see what the class is really like since i'll probably be walking into it blind.. Wish they had these classes at all the show's so you could see what is going on!

Well Boinky, I guess you will be one of the 'pioneers' on this class. I am curious too, what is expected and what will be seen. Shoot go for it!

Oh, and thank you much Cathy for the info!!

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL laurie..honestly i think i'm a little afraid to walk in blind at NATIONALS... lol i think that's my biggest fear..nothing like just jumping in at a huge show..LOL

I guess i don't see how this is going to solve any problems having this class since it goes from one extreme to the next.. also how many horses out there REALLY go with a straight neck and level to the withers but on the bit? seems like an ideal way to teach a horse to loose impulsion...

My thoughts exactly.

Hi Lisa! How's Charlie doing? Do you have any new summer photos' of him? Will you have any foals by him anytime soon? Jet is doing awesome! he's really an outstanding little guy when it comes to driving! Won't be able to get him hardshipped in time for nationals though so maybe next year!

Hi Lisa! How's Charlie doing? Do you have any new summer photos' of him? Will you have any foals by him anytime soon? Jet is doing awesome! he's really an outstanding little guy when it comes to driving! Won't be able to get him hardshipped in time for nationals though so maybe next year!

Hello! Darn it, I was hoping to see Jet at Nationals. I'll be waiting for next year
default_yes.gif
: Charlie is doing awesome, looking really good, and you're right I need to get some summer photos of him! The Martins have 3 Charlie babies this year, 2 fillies and 1 colt. Of course I'm partial, but I think all 3 are very cute.
default_wub.png
: No Charlie babies at my house this year, but hopefully next year
default_yes.gif
:

well i've just been thinking i might keep my eye open cuz i REALLY like jet ..... and i LOVED charlie when i saw his photos you took. that's actually a big reason i decided to buy jet (i liked him to begin with of course).

Hey Boinky, There is a western country pleasure class at Horseheads we can check that out if anyone enters. Linda

no offense to QH people but i think that looks terrible and that's exactly what i was hoping this class was NOT aiming towards.. I also noticed many of those horses including the one focused on was well below the withers.... The rules as someone posted them said that was supposed to be heavily penilized.. i really pray they don't allow them to get that low..

Yes linda i saw that they were having the class there..lol i was going to maybe try to put silver (the grey stud) in it..but i don't know..lol he's not really super level headed..but he's not really up headed too... but he's VERY flat knee'd.. we'll see i guess.. i just fear there may not be many in the class to really get the gist of what it's all about! lol

Latest posts

Back