Very proud of our "little" girls

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barefootin

Reaction score
We went to the Orange Blossom Miniature Horse show this past weekend. My daughter decided she wanted to show in the driving classes even though she has very little experience driving(less than 10 drives). The mare she drives is just now 3 yrs old so she doesn't have very much driving time under her belt either. I couldn't be prouder of them. They did a fantastic job. Chloe was relaxed and steady, listening to Emily's directions. Emily did a great job handling the reins and the whip as needed. She just needs to learn what to do as far as the different kinds of trot. Overall I am thrilled with these 2 very young ladies.

Mom didn't do too shabby either. I showed my son's mare in Open Western Country Pleasure driving. My first ever driving class. We placed 3rd out of 11 horses. Julie has less than 90 days in the cart. She will be a force to be reckoned with when she reaches her full potential.

photo 1.JPG

Congratulations, that is a very nice placing. It sounds like you have reason to be feeling pretty good about the way things went.
default_yes.gif

We had a really great show for the driving horses. The farm crew did a very good job preparing all the horses. Emily and I live 700 miles from the farm so we aren't able to practice or help with the training. I will pass the congratulations on to the farm crew as they deserve the praise.

Congratultions Sounds exciting. My first show ring driving I was last in every class I entered. Had fun though and learned a lot.

You did a whole lot better..

Latest posts

Back