Confused about AMHA fees

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorngal

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am not a member of AMHA and I have a gelding I needed to get final registration papers on. He came with I guess they are called temporary papers. There was a photo of him on there and it said they needed to be finalized no later than 6 months after he turned 60 months old. I was within the time frame. The papers were still in the name of his previous owner...I got him in August. I downloaded what I thought was the correct form-it said Transfer of Ownership and height verification form. Filled it out, had the previous owner sign and sent it in with what I thought was a $35.00 fee. They sent me a bill back saying I owed $100 as a non-member charge. I've looked on the site and can't find where it says that. Does anyone know where I could find a link to that charge? It seems steep to me.

Cara

There is a higher fee for being a non member. I dont have it here in front of me though.

Im sure the charge was to put him in your name and to bring him permant.

Ok here is what I found

Non member fees

Transfer of a gelding- $30

Temp to perm- $20

That is with in 6 months

After 6 months is

$50 for transfer and $20 for permanate

Last edited by a moderator:
On my sheet it says temp to perm is 20 for non member and the transfer fee is also 20 for a gelding within 6 months for non member. So l wouldn't pay the 100 until l found out what it's for.

I also don't see how you could still owe $100. Even with paying non member fees and you said the transaction was within the 6 month period, it would still only be $40. You said you sent $35 so you should only owe $5.

Non Member for transfering a gelding is $20

Non Member for taking permanent is $20

This is right off the work order.

there is actually no penalty for a non member to take a gelding permanent within 6 months or after 6 months.

I agree I would call and ask what the extra if for before I paid it.

Sounds like you got the temporary papers back but no permanent status change. You have to request the change to permanent also.

I think you should have sent in a transfer of ownership with the original certificate. The certificate should have been signed on the back verifying height at 60 months. You would have needed to request both transfer and permanent papers on the work order form and send $40 for both, if I'm reading it right.

Perhaps they are charging you the stallion permanent fee and either quoted you the wrong price or don't realize that your horse is gelded. It looks like worst case scenerio is that you might have to provide verification of gelding and pay the extra $20 to go permanent. A call to their office should clear it up for you.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back