Color Results Help Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavallini Farms

Reaction score
While I think I might, maybe, possibly, understand these results, I'm hoping someone can put them into plain simple english for my old, tired brain.
yes.gif

My new stallion Little Kings Russian Revelation appears buckskin, but has brown points rather than black, and light amber eyes.

Just got UC Davis color results:

Cream: N/Cr Heterozygous, dilute, one copy of Cream gene

Red Factor: E/e Both black and red factors detected. Either E or e transmitted to offspring.

Agouti: A/a Black pigment distributed in points pattern.

Pearl and Champagne are both N/N - I understand that one, lol.

What does this mean exactly? N/Cr - is that 50% of the time I'll see a cream foal, or 25% if the mare is not cream? What about red and agouti?

Thanks so much for spelling it out for me.
wub.gif

~ Sandy

He is heterozygous for cream, agouti, and black which means he will pass each of those along about 50% of the time no matter what mare bred to
default_smile.png

He is heterozygous for cream, agouti, and black which means he will pass each of those along about 50% of the time no matter what mare bred to
default_smile.png
Just wanted to add he could also have a silver gene, you might want to get him tested for silver to know for sure.

I am HORRIBLE about reading those tests, but I was able to at least tell your boy is obviously a buckskin and not homozygous for anything.
default_smile.png

I just wanted to say that true AMBER eyes are rare and loved..... Treasure that. I pray your fellow passes his amber eyes on to at least some of his offspring.

He's got a few foal crops, many seem to have light or blue eyes. A good friend of mine owned him a few years back, so I have a little history on him there.

He was bred to my black and white pinto mare years back before I bought her, they produced a palomino tobiano together, although she has not produced color for me since I purchased her two foals ago.
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Back